How much tackle you got?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
So a couple threads on here have got a bit carried away with how much money people do or don't spend on tackle so I thought it would be interesting to see how much tackle people actually have? Let's keep it to rods, reels and poles/whip as don't think how many floats, feeders, hooks, chairs, nets, bags and bank sticks etc everyone has will be all that interesting to people ;). I'm pretty careful with money (tight if you like) but I've accumulated a reasonable amount of gear in the last 10-11 years (can't really recall what I had as a kid before that) so here's my list.

Coarse rods: 13ft drennan acolyte ultra float, 13ft cadence CR10 #1 float, 10ft daiwa ninja float, 10ft Shakespeare Mach wand feeder, tfgear 8-10ft compact all rounder, 11ft John Wilson Avon/quiver travel, 8ft korum snapper drop shot and then a Leeda spinning that I can't recall the model of.

Coarse reels: drennan 7 series float 300 RD, drennan 7 series feeder 400 RD, Shimano Sahara 2500 RD, Daiwa Ninja 2500 FD, Cadence CS7 4000 FD, tfgear match/feeder 300 RD (think that's what it's called) then a shimano 2000 FD of some sort and a centre pin which I cant think of the brand.

Sea rods: 7ft6 12-20lb daiwa saltist braid special downtide boat, 7ft6 6-12lb Shimano vegence slim downtide boat, 8-9ft 15-40g shimano ax-stc exage travel spinning, 6ft6 6-15lb ugly stick travel spinning and a Penn overseas pro I think 20-30lb travel.

Sea reels: pflueger president 350 spinning and 3 multipliers from Abu, penn and finor of which I have no idea of the models without looking.

The above is what actually gets used, I've got a fly rod and a whip somewhere and a couple more rods and reels that don't get use but can't recall what or where off the top of my head lol.

How about you guys? I can see some long lists coming here from some of our more experienced anglers if they are anything like my grandad who must have a good 40-50 rods and not many less reels lol

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Haha that would be a dangerous level of partner stalking if they took the time to go on here!

Total

Site Supporter
Very much doubt you'll get many answers from lads whose partners have a browse through these pages. ;).........

^^Korrect! ;)......I started an inventory in 2001.....still not finished! :oops::ROFLMAO:

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Far more than I will ever use or need

it comes from being poor as a child, now a hoarder, theres rods, reels, poles, whips of all methods sat in rooms and cupboards around the house collecting dust

though in the last few months, I have managed to sell on 6 complete 16mtr poles and a rake of spares to others that will put them to good use

and am in the process of shipping more items out

PAB

Site Supporter
Ask me not enough as the wife to dam much. 30+rods 20+reels 6 poles 2 whips and all top of the range at the time, that is 50+ years of hording so not that much.

chris1967

Site Supporter
i dont hoard any tackle when i need new i sell the old ,i've just had to work it out to up my insurance ,i'd say possibly about 5k to replace it .
thankfully my mrs does'nt have a clue

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Not enough! I have 3 old poles. Daiwa S Carp, Milo Carp Crusader and Browning Berylium Access so need a new one. That's probably the biggest item on my shopping list at the moment.

I just checked to see what my 'match' rod was and it's a years old 13ft Daiwa Jaguar but I can't remember the last time I used it. Most of my tackle is 20+ years old.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
i dont hoard any tackle when i need new i sell the old ,i've just had to work it out to up my insurance ,i'd say possibly about 5k to replace it .
thankfully my mrs does'nt have a clue

strangely enough, last year was the first year my house insurance required me to list some of my fishing poles as seperate items, as they now need to know on the contents insurance, any individual items over a value of £1500

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I still have every box I have ever bought, every pole and every rod with the exception of two stolen and two broken. I also still have my last basket, it has served time as a toy box and cat carrier. Probably still have every decent reel I have owned. That includes two knackered Mitchel Matches.

I actually take fishing a lot less than many do.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Almost all the stuff I listed gets used, obviously some a lot more than others but it does get used.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I stared an inventory, but never finished it, I was going to try and categorise it all for insurance. 40+ rods, 12 reels, 4 poles, a collection of whips and that doesn’t include fly or sea gear.