How much do tattoos cost?

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I only have two tattoos, one done in 2012, the Red Rose emblem of the England Rugby team and the second one part of a sentence taken from Hamlet in Latin. Luckily I do know the tattoo artist so I will not disclose what they should have cost!!!!!

PXL_20220929_145443376_2.jpg

PXL_20220929_145417492_2.jpg

Robwooly

Site Supporter
Got some tats, two of which I dislike which are a permanent reminder of the folly of youth, used to try to cover them up but now I think if they are the things I regret most from the days when we all got things wrong regularly, when some decisions could go really bad then a couple of self inflicted marks on the arms show it wasn't that bad.

George Jones

Site Supporter
One of my biggest regrets is my only tattoo. Three of us broke into a tattoo parlour when we were 13 year old kids and robbed a gun and black ink. One of the lads was good at drawing so he became the tattooist. The other lad and I both had a swallow on our forearms. Didn't look too bad at the time. Soon others were asking for them and about another 10 or so were done. Problem was we only had 1 needle and a couple of the lads suffered quite serious blood poisoning.

SpenBeck

Site Supporter
I've got one free tat from a nurse about 2 years ago. It's a black dot in the middle of my chest. It's a datum point for a Radio Scanner.

AndyUnderwood

Site Supporter
How many of us on here used to wake up to ice on the inside of their windows, when it was cold you'd put a coat on your bed etc etc.
And the people who say they have to send their kids to school without breakfast.... I guessing, because their fags cost them £10 a packet.
I am covered in tattoos. arms, legs, back..... I don't care how much they cost.... they will last forever.

Reuben

Site Supporter
Never really had a thing about them. I was 12 years in the Army & never succumbed - I didn’t smoke either.

Mountain_picnic_blues

The Darling of Wapping Wharf Launderette
Site Supporter
Both my arms are cobered in tattoos and I have one on my calf... I plan more

Good tattoos are not cheap, cheap tattoos are not good

SeanB

Site Supporter
I've always wanted a tattoo, the ones I really don't get are when people just have a solid black block. Is it supposed to mean something?

George Jones

Site Supporter
I've always wanted a tattoo, the ones I really don't get are when people just have a solid black block. Is it supposed to mean something?
Usually means they've had one covered over. Probably got an ex's name in it

SeanB

Site Supporter
Perhaps, but I've seen people with their entire arm or leg coloured in, just looks a bit daft to me.