How many times a year do you actually fish?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've often thought about this, even more so if about to make a major purchase (don't panic, I'm not :) ), but how many times a year do you actually go fishing?

I tend to do it in spurts, I might go every weekend for a while, a bit of a splurge, then miss for several weekends. So on balance, taking winter into account, perhaps 25 days in the year :eek:

Maybe I need to take up golf, or retire :D

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I wouldn't like to put a figure on it but rightly or wrongly I report all my attempts, the good, the bad and the ugly. I must have had nearly 40 sessions just as the park since April, definitely 30 something, with the £25 annual permit.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
I try to fish at least 3 days a week, Individually or as a session.
Except when she says we have something to do 🙄.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
It depends greatly on what the weather does and how much work I choose to do/get offered. I'd guess that a bad year will mean somewhere around 80 trips. A really good year might nudge towards 160, perhaps more. However, an awful lot of my fishing, especially in the colder months, might not even amount to four hour sessions. I also cram in an awful lot of days in April, May, June, July and August. It's not especially unusual, unless work interrupts, for me to fish every day of the week in those months.

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I wish I could go every week , but work and other chores get in the way. Since the end of May I have been only 8 times😩😩😩☹️

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I’ve only really kept track of how often I go in the last few years since I’ve gone virtually coarse only. From memory I had 52 sessions in 2020, 55 in 2021 and I believe we’re 36 weeks into 2022 and I think I’ve had 40 sessions so far.

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
I fished loads last year on the rivers, got my moneys worth.

This year not so much. Bad back / sciatica and the conditions haven't been ideal.

Probably been out 5 or 6 times since season opened this year.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I've often thought about this, even more so if about to make a major purchase (don't panic, I'm not :) ), but how many times a year do you actually go fishing?

I tend to do it in spurts, I might go every weekend for a while, a bit of a splurge, then miss for several weekends. So on balance, taking winter into account, perhaps 25 days in the year :eek:

Maybe I need to take up golf, or retire :D
Don’t retire mate, you will never get to go😨😨😨

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I try to fish at least once a week. Less in winter but more in summer so about 50 days.

Cobweb

Once thought that Grayling was Tarzan's real name
Site Supporter
Not as much as I would like these days. Fewer than you @Dave

Chervil

Site Supporter
Not as much as I used to, and the very, very early starts seem to be a thing of the past. I'm lucky, in that I have a 2-week fishing holiday each year, with a lodge right on a water, then a couple of times a week whilst I'm off over the summer, So about 25 times since July. Although, I'm going to try and get on my local river a bit more, when I can get near it.

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
Not nearly enough, maybe 20 times a year, if my apathy doesn’t get the better of me 😢

Pyffy

Site Supporter
In the warmer months I try to get out once a week and over winter it's weather dependent as I'm not sitting freezing / getting soaked and pretending I'm having fun. That being said, due to our kitchen renovation that started first week of April and finished a few weeks ago I've only managed 5 days out since it began and 3 of those have been maggot drowners events.

Boggis51

tailgunner
Site Supporter
I average twice a week , mostly morning and evening sessions with the odd MDs weekend thrown in,