How many times a week do you go fishing?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
At the moment I'm going about 4 times a week!

Went at the weekend to Hurst Farm, then yesterday to the Warks Avon, going Park this evening, and Severn tomorrow with my dad!

It's brilliant and I love it. It's the best thing about summer for me, evening sessions, as I go significantly less other times of year.

The joy of having few commitments as my next jobs are on Friday, I might as well make the most of my time.

Rob F

Site Supporter
Varies a lot with the seasons and what else might be going on domestically.

Generally an "expedition" type session once a week on the weekend. Then shorter "use up the leftover bait" type trips. The later normally working around her shifts. This week a Friday afternoon/evening expedition, domestic bliss on Saturday, then a short trip on Sunday, very early or after teatime/evening.
Probably a quick trip to the local canal on a midweek evening when she does a late shift or night shift. That's the general summer pattern - say 3 times a week.
Winter probably only once a week, shorter and more local sessions.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Depends what I’ve got going on outside of fishing and the weather but usually go once often twice sometimes not at all but in the last few years it’s worked out about once week over the course of a year as think I did something around 55 sessions last year after 52 the year before and I think I’m up to about 30 so far this year.

squimp

Site Supporter
I go when I think conditions are good and I might actually catch a decent fish.

In summer that usually means ‘rarely’. I’ve hardly fished in the UK since March 14th (apart from some informal coaching). I’ve fished 2 weeks abroad and caught very little of note.

In winter it might means 4x a week. Or not going for a month…..conditions, conditions.

Being almost retired helps with flexibility on when to go.

Roving_All_Rounder

Site Supporter
Friday's, Saturday's and maybe Sunday if the girlfriend is in a good mood and I think I can get away with it :ROFLMAO: Weekday sessions seem to be an all or nothing affair, I either go every other night after work or just wait until the weekend if work has got me run down. Although, if I'm not fishing then chances are I'm prebaiting :sneaky:

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Once if I can but it would be daily were it not for the need to work - either a few hours early morning or an evening session to finish off the day.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
The bailiffs at the park joke...

"Don't you have a home to go to?" and "Do you go home of a night?"

Most of my fishing this year has been done there, it's addictive not least because it's such easy access being just down a main road from me with free parking and a £25 a year annual ticket. I've got my moneys worth and bait can just be wafters and pellets.

tincatim

Site Supporter
My local cormorant fishes less than you Zerkalo 🤣 good on you though, you’ve got to take advantage of the good weather while you can.

I’m fishing more than I’ve ever been able to lately. I go for a 5-7 hour session every other week, and try to get one short ‘after worker’ in every week. I absolutely love the warm light evenings, it’s so good to be able to fish for a few hours in the week. Come the winter and it’ll be once a fortnight with no after work fishing release. How depressing.

badgerale

I go out roughly 0.5 times a week.

I sometimes wonder if I had the freedom to go out whenever I wanted if it would be amazing or if it would kill my interest.

The fact I need to fight for each session does make it a bit special to be on the bank - makes the blanks hurt a bit though.

BaldiMug

I go out roughly 0.5 times a week.

I sometimes wonder if I had the freedom to go out whenever I wanted if it would be amazing or if it would kill my interest.

The fact I need to fight for each session does make it a bit special to be on the bank - makes the blanks hurt a bit though.
This is my situation because I like to fish with someone either my dad or fishing buddy and trying to hook-up can be difficult with everyday life, also I have pondered the same regarding "killing my interest"

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
At least once for a longer session, but I could go 3-4 times depends on many many variables.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I used to fish 6 times a week when I was single and didn't have to work😍😍😍

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
A week. I went twice the end on May Bank Holiday, and only managed to get out once since. I’m so looking forward to this weekend

Total

Site Supporter
A week. I went twice the end on May Bank Holiday, and only managed to get out once since. I’m so looking forward to this weekend
Your just looking forward to driving and showing off your new campervan and driving it on your own!;):p:ROFLMAO: