How many pole rigs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loosefeed

Just making up pole and whip rigs at the moment. How many do most maggot drowners have in their trays?
Cheers shaun [:)]

It was said that a float is one of the few things that is more pleasing in its disappearance than in its appearance !! "old quote"

joe1987

'Darwener'
I have around 15-20 various ones that I hardly ever use and just before a session I usually make up 2 of the same with a red and a yellow tipped float just incase conditions change during the match/session.

*)*Joey*(*

Chopper

I have two shallow cross drawers and a tray under the seat of my box. Probably about 60 or so.

You won't need a quarter of that though if you are fishing the same 2 or 3 venues.

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Team 2003 NFA North East Region Champions.
Team 2003 Embassy Division 1 National 12th......bad draw!!
Team 2003 Sensas Challenge Finalists.
Individual 2002/03 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Team 2001 Embassy Division 1 National Champions.

www.colmic.com

MrC

Mine looks a bloddy mess,, do half made up rigs with tangles count?

Chopper

lol, I've got plenty with rusty blunt hooks and furry white shot!

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Team 2003 NFA North East Region Champions.
Team 2003 Embassy Division 1 National 12th......bad draw!!
Team 2003 Sensas Challenge Finalists.
Individual 2002/03 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Team 2001 Embassy Division 1 National Champions.

www.colmic.com

Loosefeed

Its funny isn't it .We generally make up a fresh waggler/feeder rig..But the ole fav comes out a lot on the whip/pole line with favourite venues.

I too like to make up fresh rigs for match day,well at least i used to,lol. Its all good though,as i am having a great time on this site chatting as well as tackle tinkering.
Cheers shaun

It was said that a float is one of the few things that is more pleasing in its disappearance than in its appearance !! "old quote"

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
i always replace all my rigs at the end of the season but i only have tied up about 60-70 now for the venues i fish and i know that i will use the rigs, will only ever use a rig once and then re-tie it.

i could never have a messy draw iwth rusty hooks and white shot!

Browning Hotrods 007.gif

MALC

Uptill this Spring i used to carry about 150 rigs but then i thought whats the point as i was only useing maybe 10 different rig/patterns in the course of a season so i trashed the lot now i've only got 6 rigs tied up and if they are no good for where i'm fishing i'll tie a fresh 1 on the bank even in a match.

Getting very LAZY these days.

RED WAS
Datafile2.asp
I'VE STARTED CATCHING NOW HE'S GONE..!!

Loosefeed

Another question lads. With whip connectors,as i forgot/can't get a proper stonfo tip connector atm.I have set it up as follows.First cut back top section to accept a 2oz spliced carbon tip.Next i have cut a piece of float rubber around 4mm long.This is just over the splice tip / on the start of the second section.

Next i have taken a piece of 3.5lb line,put a loop in one end and looped it behind the rubber on second section,this helps hold the loop nicely.Then i have wrapped the mono up the spliced tip,put a smaller diameter sleeve of sillicon about 9 cm's long on the terminal end of the mono.About 5cm's sits tight on the final 4/5cm's of the tip.The rest hangs over nice.I have a small loop tied in the end to accept the rigs for setting up.
Cheers shaun

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
I very rare now makeup rigs at home, I now make on the bank what I need, Sometimes keep my roach rigs for canal is about all.
I do carry about 60 pole floats one for every occation.

Tght Lines.
Oh and a warm welcome to the mad house Loosefeed

Datafile4.asp

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

MrC

Shaun the whip setup sounds spot on to me mate, but i used to glue the smaller rubber to the tip.

martin.

Account Locked
i have about 80 to 100 rigs made up at home & just put some in for venue im fishing.
also for the whip i use a flick tip conector its a lot quicker

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile4.asp

talk fishing flip football
jion us at www.fishingvenues.com

Apache

i have countless (100) rigs for various tactics lying around in various places.

------------------------------
Tight Lines,

Datafile4.asp

Datafile4.asp

Heathlands Angling Club - http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.comPinkieDrowner's Forum (Under 18's only) - http://www.maggotdrowning.com/younguns

Polepot

Poles
I have just made up my box for a match on Makins. In total there are 50 rigs as I do not know the venue. Buy 40 are made up yellow / orange which means I have 30 differnt rigs but 20 have different colour variations.

Poles

wales.gif
Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners
fish.gif

Loosefeed

Good food for thought guys. Thanks for all the info.I went down to the old match area's today ..Was great.Can't wait till my seat box comes ..Then i'll be off !!

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Normally i've got about 40 with me in my seatbox.
Probably got about another 100 at home in drawers.
Every rig gets remade after use,or 6 months if it hasn't.

Still been known to make up a few on the bank if i haven't got just what i want though.[;)]

Peter.
Datafile3.asp

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

Apache

i made some up the last time i went fishig and left them in my mates car, so he now has some expensive carp rigs for free!

------------------------------
Tight Lines,

Datafile4.asp

Datafile4.asp

Heathlands Angling Club - http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.comPinkieDrowner's Forum (Under 18's only) - http://www.maggotdrowning.com/younguns

martin.

Account Locked
quote:Originally posted by peter

Normally i've got about 40 with me polishedin my seatbox.
Probably got about another 100 at home polished in drawers.
Every rig gets remade after use,or 6 months if it hasn't.

Still been known to make up a few on the bank if i haven't got just what i want though.[;)]

Peter.
Datafile3.asp

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

ive seen the pictures LOL

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile4.asp

talk fishing flip football
jion us at www.fishingvenues.com

Peter

'Mugger'