How many of you..............................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Would be interested in a maggot drowning fishing club??

Working at the garage you get to meet lots of interesting people including nice friendly farmers who have waters on their land & are quite willing to lease them at a bargain price.

I have been talking to one who has a very nice pool on his land which already has a stock of fish in it & he's willing to put a carpark etc in the field so we can park our cars up & not have to worry about them being safe.

I have also been speaking to another young farmer who has taken over his fathers farm & has a long section of river running through it (but i ain't saying which one) & he's going to find out how much fishing rights & waters they own (they've got fields all over the place & quite a few have got waters on them.

The last thing is i have been looking at a stretch of water which has a good head of chub, barbel & wild carp in it but hasn't been leased for as long as i can remember.

Now if i could secure at least a few of these waters how many of you would be interested in joining a club to help pay for the waters upkeep & if its a still water some extra stocking of fish??

If enough of you are interested then i'll do my utmost to secure them for us at reasonable rates

Of course (or should that be coarse?) we will have to make proper agreements, rules etc for the "club" but it will be ones we can all agree on

Anyway i'm off to work now so i'll leave you all to have a think about it & i'll take a look later on tonight when i get home .

Alan
You've just been moderated

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Yessem Mr Moderator sir, I would be interested in the river more than the still waters.

chill out go fishing

ray

damn fine idea mr trogg, count me in, i would be more than interested.

you sit, you fish you enjoy...........
so take your c**p home with you so that i can do the same.

original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

scouse

'River Man'
Great idea i`ll join
and my lad would as well
tightlines dave(scouse)

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Of Curse I'm in'
I mean Of Course
Hhmmmm I dont know though!
But count ne in anyway

Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

MALC

Great idea Trogg,
I'd be very interested and seeing as your area (stoke)is only an hour away the distance is only minamal.

Keep us posted.

Malc ghost.gif ZIPPY CURSE CLUB MEMBER 001

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trogg
Great idea, even I will travel for 3 hours for a bit of that. Keep us posted mate.

thumbsup.gif Geoff

Larry

Lazarus
I'm up for it Trogg,
I was only thinking of the same a few day's ago they say great mind's think alike.

Cheer's Larry

mookie

mookie
Hi Trogg ---- You must have read my mind l was gonna say something on the lines of this topic..damn.....one problen though its ok for you lot in the southern half of our beautiful UK...But its long way for us Northern folk to travel .....its a pity we couldnt say like make two sections of the club....one for members living south of say Derby and the other for north of Sheffield ???

Then at the end of the season we all go round to Troggs for a pie and p...s up

Cheers......MOOK

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Yes please Trogg I would be very interested in joining

Dai Fish

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ok fellas i'll make a serious start on the people & see what we can achive

Mooks no argument from me mate but we've got to get the money in to pay for the waters so see what you can find round your way & we'll see what happens when we all get our heads together

I ain't touching anyone who's been in contact with Trev cos i might catch the curse.
(hold on i spent a bit of time with Trev at the Stafford fish-in n i'm ok so i must be immune)

Alan

Edited by - Trogg on 26 February 2002 12:41:00 AM

Ferret1959

Snake breeder.
Heh up you already know my answer the this question. So put my name down.

By the way how is the mobile bivvy getting on????

Dave.
dave@tjsangling.co.uk
www.tjsangling.co.uk

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
WELL THANKS A MILLION PEOPLE!
1 for people South of Derby and 1 for people North of Sheffield hey!
I live North of Derby, but South of Sheffield, so I'd better get my own then!
Mook, if you cant make 30 miles to Elvington! We,d better dig one in your back garden lol!
Have Fish , Will travel, reads the card of a Zip!

Cya at both!

Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi All

I'm off to work in a bit so i'll be keeping an eye out for the farmers/landowners & get cracking on the waters for us.

John (esox) do you remember the bit of water we were discussing not so long ago?

well i've spoken to what must be staffords oldest angler this morning & he had a barbel out over the weekend at 9lb 6oz & a net full of chub (he doesn't use a keepnet its just his way of describing how many he had), he also said that his friend had 4 pike in 20mins on the same stretch just down from the bridge the biggest was ONLY (as wally put it) 10lb.

Guess i'm really gonna have to get to work on finding out just who the hell does own that stretch cos so far i've been given 3 different owners!!!

Alan

scott essery

'Silver man'
Hia Trogg

Im interested in the idea, so you can put my name down, time permitting (new girlfriend.....Malc understands!)

Nige

Fantastic idea, count me in. I'd love to find out if Trev looks like his picture.

Nige, Wishin I was Fishin

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Bit far from home for me really,just make sure you do day tickets

Peter. thumbsup.gif
Happiness is a rod in your hand.

waxlion1

Trogg me old flower!...

Count me in! Don't read this bit Trev (can we ban zippy as the curse is getting out of hand)...

Waxlion1
hello.gif

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
That was cruel Waxy, although I did hear the words "donner und blitzen" when Germany heard Zippy was travelling. (Not by the Spirit of Free enterprise I hope)

thumbsup.gif Geoff

Status
Not open for further replies.