How long ............... ?

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Do you allow to get ready to do things ?

your off out and have a fixed time to be somewhere to meet someone, while a singular appointment is relatively simple, such as a doctors appointment, an interview, being at a lake pond or river a match draw

multiple meets on the same day are not always easy,

today I have two places to be at certain times, the first no probs, plenty of time for up, dog walk, sheet shave and shower,coffee, drive to and meet up, do the deal and finish

but the second, no matter what, is a rather short period from the first, if the firsts negotiations go on longer than half hour, Im gonna be right pushed to meet the second with the distance I gotta travel between the two

tried adjusting both times, getting the first earlier or the second a bit later, but Im stuck with the window of times the other have regarding thier needs

bloody hate it, as I know I either have to really wheel and deal proper quick on the first, be sorta pushy like and possibly not get the best outcome possible for me or get to the second late and maybe miss out all in, or pee the fella off with a tad of waiting

I really prefer a decent window of oppertunity or a longer period of time to get to or go somewhere

rushing around is a bloody pain in the arse

rudd

Site Supporter
Over the years people who turned up late for an interview received an instant black mark!
Being punctual is a virtue and very easy to achieve with forward planning.
Multiple meetings per day very easy to achieve if planned correctly taking into account traffic hotspots and time of day.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
And punctuality is not so easy these days.

40 years ago I was a rep, often going to Glasgow, Cardiff, Bristol and London in the same week.
Up to 2000 miles a week. Commission does that to a man.
I could make an appointment with a customer, and pull up outside his company anywhere in the country 10 minutes before the arranged time.
Usually having visited a nearby bush in a quiet lane or laybye. I had "peebyes" all over the country.

By the time I retired, everyone just accepted that It was impossible to predict a journey time, and it was normal to agree a meeting sometime in the morning or in the afternoon.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
When I have a job that's for a set time and I have to meet someone at a property I don't think I have once been late save for when there's an accident on the motorway. Not so much due to preparation but looking at the journey time and dragging myself out the house.

Had this job that was booked in for last week last minute on a day I was meant to be fishing, not an urgent one as the tenants are moving in at the end of this week, I still haven't done it, keep calling the agent to put it back but I will eventually do it today.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Never in doubt, First call, goods were out ready for perusal,

made an offer, there was a bit of head scratching, humming and ha'ing but he didnt want tp put it all away again, paid and loaded within 25 mins of arrival

slightly higher speeds than legal, saw me pulling up at the next appointment with 5 mins to spare

bought and loaded within 10 mins,

good day, chuffed with the deals and the traffic was really light

Blanks

Site Supporter
When I have a job that's for a set time and I have to meet someone at a property I don't think I have once been late save for when there's an accident on the motorway. Not so much due to preparation but looking at the journey time and dragging myself out the house.

Had this job that was booked in for last week last minute on a day I was meant to be fishing, not an urgent one as the tenants are moving in at the end of this week, I still haven't done it, keep calling the agent to put it back but I will eventually do it today.
Procrastination at it;s best. :)

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Over the years people who turned up late for an interview received an instant black mark!
Being punctual is a virtue and very easy to achieve with forward planning.
Multiple meetings per day very easy to achieve if planned correctly taking into account traffic hotspots and time of day.
I always like to be on time, however.

Early morning train to London Victoria, whacking great tree across the line at East Malling means nothing can move.

Approaching the Dartford crossing all of a sudden everything comes to a halt. Some poor devil in her clio squashed
to death.

Yes being punctual is a virtue, so is being reasonable.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter

Early morning train to London Victoria, whacking great tree across the line at East Malling means nothing can move.

Approaching the Dartford crossing all of a sudden everything comes to a halt. Some poor devil in her clio squashed
to death.

traffic was surprisingly free flowing in your manor this morn

Pompous git

Site Supporter
traffic was surprisingly free flowing in your manor this morn
Yes it was,here there and everywhere earlier on. First 4seasons fencing on the A28 for some `creocoat` then on to the garden centre
for one of those half moon shaped things that trim your path borders and I am now the proud owner of a new stainless steel spade, its
probably a ladies one but I`m struggling with digging. Then pets at home, quick cup of tea and then horror of horrors got dragged
around John Lewis for what seemed like hours.

rudd

Site Supporter

to death.

Some things you cannot control.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I hate being late, what gets my goat is I`m ready to go out and then the missis gets out the compact and starts tittivating.

Just what is it with women and time?

rudd

Site Supporter
I hate being late, what gets my goat is I`m ready to go out and then the missis gets out the compact and starts tittivating.

Just what is it with women and time?
Women / time / makeup - more is needed by one as the other goes on ?