How Long Does Paste Last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillm

I want to experement with paste but I'm not going fishng until next week. Will the paste last until then and how should I store it?[:T]

mtachew

yep put it in the freezer and it will be fine also i always keep mine in a bag even on the bank.

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Yeah keep it cold!!!

DONT leave it in your bag....within a couple of days it ll fur up like some sort of new life form [xx(][xx(]

It seems to go off very quickly, probably the bread element in the groundbait.

I dont even mix mine up before the day anymore, just mix enough up on the bank to last a couple of hours and mix more up if needed. Mainly due to during hot weather, it goes a bit cakey, and a skin forms on the top, so keep it covered.[;)]

adrian john tas

Site Supporter
i split amount i make up into 2 balls and wrap these in cling film and store in a old ice cream carton and only take out 1 ball at a time from cool bag and keep wrapped in cling film to keep damp and soft any i don,t use goes in fridge for next week or frozen if not going for a bit i always make paste up the night before and put in fridge overnight as this keeps in moisture better i use ringers bag up paste and always add about 5mm more water than marked level hope this helps

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
Welcome to the site mtachew, I agree with the freezer but a bit worried about you having your bag on the bank.
p.s. read the excellent post from, adrian jonh tas, nearly died from lack of breath.

Last edited:

mtachew

thanks brian i take all my rubbish home with me and if there not having it! my paste goes in the freezer the bag keeps it moist rather than in a bait tub for it to go crusty.

Status
Not open for further replies.