how long do you surf the net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

ON our last phone bill i noticed that i/we had been on the internet for 110 hours,[:I][:I]. Is this a lot of hours [?][?],so i was wondering how long you surf the net for.

catch me if u can
Andy,

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Andy,

I have no idea, cos on Broadband it don't tell me.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just as long as Me & Maria want[:D] BROADBAND[;)]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

G

mmmmmmmm, so this [?] is for dial up surfers only,

catch me if u can
Andy,

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm on dail up but its NTL so its a freephone number which doesn't show on the phone bill [:)]

You get cut off every two hours but you just reconnect & there's no limit to how many hours you can spend on line.

Alan

There's a monster outside my window..can i have a glass of water?

G

[;)] These posh uggers with broadband dont have that trouble Trogg, so i am often told,guess by who,[;)]

catch me if u can
Andy,

Lid

Since I switched from dial up, which was free with work, to NTL broadband, we spend much longer on the net. Not sure how long as it's unlimited, but we probably average around 1 - 2 hours a day.

It makes such a difference having Broadband. Before this, our surfing experience used to just regularly grind to a halt, but now it's really quite good.

Until yesterday I was on the 1 Mb/s service, but it seemed sensible to downgrade to 600 kb/s and save 10 per month. Since doing this, there is no noticeable difference in surfing speeds. It might well affect downloading files, but we don't download loads of stuff. When we do, the download speeds are only 100 - 150 kb/s anyway, so there must be other bottlenecks.

So I reckon if you surf the net a lot, and 110 hours in a quarter is a fair bit Toma, and can get a Broadband service in your area, it's well worth the outlay. I got free installation mind.

Lid [:)]

Triturus

I'm glad somebody finds broadband faster than dial-up. I switched from ntl dial-up to a 112k modem, and if there is a difference, the broadband seem to lock-up much more frequently than the dial-up and certainly isn't faster.

Neil

MALC

In January i switched from NTL frree dial-up to the lowest BroadBand package (with free install) and managed to save ourselfs over 5 a month and it's brilliant.

But i still spend around 8 to 10 hours a day online often more when i got the night off work (like today).

According to Julie i switched the Computer on at about 10am this morning and i'm still here now [:0][:0] and as i'm off tonight it proberly wont go off till the early hours.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Jeff

Hi Everyone,
I am on Broadband as well and without a doubt it is faster than a Dial-up Modem. I am on the Internet from the time I get home from Work untill I go to bed which can be as much as 6 hours a night and at the Weekend I am online almost all day. Broadband makes so much difference when you are downloading, It allows you to go for those bigger files that would take a couple of weeks on a 56k Modem. By the way you can check up on how long you have been online. If you have an Icon showing at the bottom right of your screen showing that you are online. If you right click on that Icon and then click on Status and it shows you how long you have been on. If you have no Icon, then click on My Computer and then click on Network or Internet Connections.....Once open right click on the Internet Icon and then Status and that will tell you how long you have been connected.

Tight Lines

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Me? [:I][8)][:0][8D][:D] lol

Dave

martin.

Account Locked
well btween me & sammy we had to come off bt anytime as we kept going over the 150hrs per month.
so what i done was downgraded it to pay as you go then just use it a few mins per month to keep my email addresses & went onto tesco net anytime at 12-99 month which does not have any time limits weve had it for a month now & no problems

tight lines.
martin.

talk fishing flip football

Larry

Lazarus
2/3hrs a night & &5/6 hr's sat&sun &1/2 hr before work in the morning .I
I'm also on broadband so no record's before i went to broad at least 70hrs a month that's why i switched to broadband cheaper.
Only pay 25.00 per mth before anything between 35.00& 50.00 + faster connection &no dial up&log on prob's so a great deal all round

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

joe1987

'Darwener'
Were on this flat rate AOL thing (15 a month) and im on almost permanently. Mum+dad gettin broadband coz im blockin the phoneline!

Get them rods bent, get them reels screamin', get fishin!
Toodlepip **Joe-boy**

timber

built for comfort
quote:Originally posted by toma

ON our last phone bill i noticed that i/we had been on the internet for 110 hours,[:I][:I]. Is this a lot of hours [?][?],so i was wondering how long you surf the net for.

catch me if u can
Andy,

broadband rocks

big dave

Last edited by a moderator:

brady

i still connect with the same 33.6kps modem i did 5 years ago works fine for me but then i dont know any better[:I]

Status
Not open for further replies.