How long before re casting?

Silver fan 82

one of the favoured autumn-early winter tricks with just the bomb

was the "Conker" method, which entailed wrapping the bomb with a covering of groundbait mixed asa paste and squeezed hard onto it

it provided minimum feed per chuck,
I like it Mick, thanks!

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
Do you feed a little over the top or just cast around until you get bites?
In winter I cast around, fish will feed if a bit hits them on the nose, but when they are not having a munch feed can be a warning.
I may feed one area later on ( one with no bites ) and have the odd chuck. If you catch over that line then I would feed after bites dry up ( not over feeding fish)
In summer its the opposite. Feed then cast into the feed.

My winter feeders and a 20p

Attachments

• my winter feeders.jpg
    my winter feeders.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 5

Silver fan 82

In winter I cast around, fish will feed if a bit hits them on the nose, but when they are not having a munch feed can be a warning.
I may feed one area later on ( one with no bites ) and have the odd chuck. If you catch over that line then I would feed after bites dry up ( not over feeding fish)
In summer its the opposite. Feed then cast into the feed.

My winter feeders and a 20p
I have some small cage feeders like this so will give it a go ?

rudd

Site Supporter
Groundbait feeder - consider that undertow may be spreading your feed away from casting area.
First thing I would try is plugging the feeder with a harder pinch and checking mix is not to dry.
This is to ensure bait is reaching bottom.
If not getting bites after five minute casts would cast around area several meters left/right/long/short with an empty feeder or bomb.

Maggot feeder, again tow can spread grubs around as they are pushed from feeder as it drops.
Maggots in a feeder in cold water dont all crawl out but when reeling in get pushed out by water going through feeder either when retrieving feeder or playing fish.
Again casting around an empty feeder or bomb can find fish.
One trick is to cast to spot with a bomb and every few minutes give a turn of the reel.
The bomb travels through same line as retrieved feeder and possible line of maggots and can get instant bites.

Also found dead maggots even when feeding live get more bites and a better stamp of fish.

Silver fan 82

Groundbait feeder - consider that undertow may be spreading your feed away from casting area.
First thing I would try is plugging the feeder with a harder pinch and checking mix is not to dry.
This is to ensure bait is reaching bottom.
If not getting bites after five minute casts would cast around area several meters left/right/long/short with an empty feeder or bomb.

Maggot feeder, again tow can spread grubs around as they are pushed from feeder as it drops.
Maggots in a feeder in cold water dont all crawl out but when reeling in get pushed out by water going through feeder either when retrieving feeder or playing fish.
Again casting around an empty feeder or bomb can find fish.
One trick is to cast to spot with a bomb and every few minutes give a turn of the reel.
The bomb travels through same line as retrieved feeder and possible line of maggots and can get instant bites.

Also found dead maggots even when feeding live get more bites and a better stamp of fish.
Some useful tips there mate cheers. Undertow is something that I don't really give a thought too. Can undertow still occur on a still day?

rudd

Site Supporter
Some useful tips there mate cheers. Undertow is something that I don't really give a thought too. Can undertow still occur on a still day?
Yes, last night patrolled our waters. One pool had no breeze and I watched a leaf in a shallow area that was suspended about 10 inches under surface moving sideways.
Leaves on surface not moving at all.

PS, I was looking under surface using a bright headtorch to see if I could spot any fish.?