How little and how often???

Status
Not open for further replies.

its o-fish-al

everybody says that you should feed little and often but how little should you feed and how often should you feed?
especially when fishing the pellet waggler i need tips so any help would be appreciated[:)][:)][:)]

rodring

Account Locked
feed to bites if fishing pellets on the deck if you feed to often you can bring them up in the water causing liners in which case put a larger load of feed in to get them back down again.
on the pellet waggler 3-4 8mm pellets every 20 seconds or so until you either see fish or you get bites.
if bites tail off then alter your feeding pattern, say 3-4 quick pouches of 3 pellets then nothing on your next cast. also change depths up or down cast beyond or short of your feed or to the left and right of it.
it's a busy method and also very frustrating at times, not a half hearted affair you might get a couple of mug fish, but if you work at it when it comes together it's the best there is.

12f2004

Originally posted by rodring

feed to bites if fishing pellets on the deck if you feed to often you can bring them up in the water causing liners in which case put a larger load of feed in to get them back down again.
on the pellet waggler 3-4 8mm pellets every 20 seconds or so until you either see fish or you get bites.
if bites tail off then alter your feeding pattern, say 3-4 quick pouches of 3 pellets then nothing on your next cast. also change depths up or down cast beyond or short of your feed or to the left and right of it.
it's a busy method and also very frustrating at times, not a half hearted affair you might get a couple of mug fish, but if you work at it when it comes together it's the best there is.

Cheers rodring!

I was told to feed more pellets at first to get them there then really slow down on the 'freebies' to get them competing, with mixed results...Definately going to give that a try next time i'm out.

Just one question, are 8mm better or could you use 4 or 6mm?

Thanks again!

12f2004

Originally posted by rodring

Thanks rodring,

I have been told to put more in at first to get them in the swim then really drop off with the amount to get them competing for the freebies with mixed results so gonna give your method a go.

One question, 4 & 6mm would they work just as well or would you stick with 8mm?

Thanks again!

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
One question, 4 & 6mm would they work just as well or would you stick with 8mm?

I doubt if you'd get 4mm pellets to the range you'd fish most pellet waggler lines, sometimes 6mm are OK, they sink more slowly so will get fish up higher in the water, 8mm make more noise, which is a major part of the way the fish are attracted. If the fish are of a decent enough average size or you need to fish at distance, don't discount 11mm pellets either.

rodring

Account Locked
as above 4mm won't catapult very far also they don't seem to group as well ok if your fishing up in the water with the pole.
one other bait to try up in the water is meat, 6mm cubes worked a treat for me on sunday when they weren't really having the pellet.
it's got a slower fall than pellet, and fished on an on the drop rig it's brilliant gives them something they might not have seen much of before.

its o-fish-al

thanks guys great advice ill try using 11mm now aswell, i thought they were too big before[:)]
its-o-fish-al

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.