How heavy is a 12'' Perch ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

db

I know this cannot be answered completely accurately but as a rule of thumb , roughly how much would a 12" Perch weigh. I managed to catch one from my local canal that savaged a 4" Roach that I was trying to land and the Perch just swallowed it whole and luckily I managed to net the Perch. As you may have guessed it is the biggest Perch I have had to date and am obviously curious as to the weight. Any help is gratefully received.

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
Sounds to me like a 2pounder I have had a few my self using gudgeon as bait on my local canal after pike.

Welcome to the mad house db.

Datafile4.asp

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

martin.

Account Locked
this is a very hard question as without other measurements it could be anywhere between 1-04 & 2-08

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile4.asp

talk fishing flip football
jion us at www.fishingvenues.com

angler-mark

Don't know if it helps but I caught a 3lbs-2ozs Perch last year and it was just under 14 inches long, also it depends how fat they are at the time of catching.

Tight Lines

Mark

dolph.gif

db

Thanks for your replies.I was imagining 1lb - 1.5lb but a two pounder sounds good. Unbelievably I fished the same spot again today and landed another monster which I measured at 12" long and 3.5" from belly to the top of it's back, ( time I got me some scales I think ). It is not the same as the one yesterday because that one had a size 18/20 hook in it's top lip from a previous angler and I was about to take it out when it flipped itself out of my hand and slipped back in . Caught again with a roach livebait which they really seem to attack viciously and will chase it in full view because the canal is very clear at the moment. Guess where I'll be tomorrow afternoon folks ? Hopefully I can get lucky once I have some scales and I will keep you all informed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.