How Hard Is It To Follow Roadsigns

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
In my experience, dotted lane lines on any roundabout are a recipe for disaster. An awful lot of people seem to lose all their road sense when presented with them (assuming they had any to start with).

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
@Maesknoll ive had the pleasure of that particular roundabout, while from the air it looks ok but on the ground for the fist time it's mighty confusing I was only on it for 5 minutes got dizzy and got off, thankfully the right exit.

Done it plenty of times, I used to work in Swindon, it does cause some confusion for first timers.

Bozie

I was told a few years ago that you weredriving from the south of Italy to North Wales on this may be the first roundabout that you have to negotiate

Bozie

Spent a lot of time under the Bridge where it says A49 this year

Attachments

• 12828F20-220C-41F2-B021-83D16930E8CE.png
    12828F20-220C-41F2-B021-83D16930E8CE.png
    897.7 KB · Views: 12

rudd

Site Supporter
@Maesknoll ive had the pleasure of that particular roundabout, while from the air it looks ok but on the ground for the fist time it's mighty confusing I was only on it for 5 minutes got dizzy and got off, thankfully the right exit.
Same, when in Swindon seeing clients I tried to avoid that thing.

Len Wade

Bog-Monster
Site Supporter
Some may well be following Sat Navs that haven't been updated with the new road layout. ;)

NB. Just this once this comment wasn't directed @sly. :)
I'm sure this reply is subtly directed at me. :rolleyes:
It took me over 4 hrs to drive from Norfolk to Alders Farm at Milton Keynes for the MD Pairs weekend: I crossed the river Ouse 3 times from different directions and arrived too late for breakfast, and in too much discomfort from an attack of sciatica to fish the match. :cry:
Road layouts, especially motorways, have changed considerably over recent years and as I have a rather elderly stick-on-the-windscreen-Tom-tom Sat-Nav, how do I go about updating it?

WickerDave

Site Supporter
Spent a lot of time under the Bridge where it says A49 this year
Have you been catching much from that part of the stretch? I've fished it for the first time recently, two sessions in the last three weeks, but at the swims by the north bridge car park.

Len Wade

Bog-Monster
Site Supporter