How good is EVA luggage?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Over the last week or so I've been looking at different manufacturer's luggage catalogues, in particular the EVA ranges that seem to becoming more popular in the market place.

I have previously bought a MAP EVA keepnet bag which tbh I can't fault and one of it's biggest attributes is that it does not retain water, ie it's completely waterproof as a material; hence the reason for looking at similar for other luggage options as it'll certainly make life easier not having to dry out holdalls after rainy days, even cleaning down the mud afterwards would be an easier task.

What has got me wondering is how good is Ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) as a product for long term use outdoors in daylight, and some sunlight possibly?
At the end of the day it is basically polythene, a step up from a polythene bag.
Is it UV resistant, does it harden and crack with age, or is it the new wonder material everlasting?

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Doubt it will last forever, but I have a couple of these, one older version and the later version with a hard top, that is like a table top behind you. Had it a few years and it’s still going strong.

Early version in video

Current hard top version (much better)

slaner

Site Supporter
I like the look of this stuff but yet to find any that you can transport live maggots in?

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
A net-stink bag is good, ideal really

but the rest is just a way of getting your hard earned outta your pocket

the latest is the "feederbox" from a well known hi end tackle manufacturer, endorsed by hi up well known anglers, and priced at around £35

not withstanding the very same thing can be found in any DIY store for a third of the money

(or if you know a chippy, you could get one of his used and emptied screw boxes for a pint or two)

Carp attack

I've just been thinking about this exact same question! After fishing other Friday where it piddled it down from start to finish and everything got soaked through ( and still not dry ) got me thinking that there must be something better than the standard luggage material, guru do some, haven't really seen the mosella stuff, any info on them or other stuff would be appreciated, ?

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
A net-stink bag is good, ideal really

but the rest is just a way of getting your hard earned outta your pocket

the latest is the "feederbox" from a well known hi end tackle manufacturer, endorsed by hi up well known anglers, and priced at around £35

not withstanding the very same thing can be found in any DIY store for a third of the money

(or if you know a chippy, you could get one of his used and emptied screw boxes for a pint or two)
Disagree Mick, the Mosella EVA trolley box is a godsend, 100% waterproof, acts as an extra table behind you and does away with the need for a carryall.

The feeder box you mention, is not EVA.

Oldmech

Site Supporter
Had the original bright green Sensas net bag for years and replaced it a couple of years ago for a bigger version to get 3 or 4 keep nets in, just recently purchased the Guru base and top bag as was fed up of stuff getting wet, I would say the weak point with any luggage are the zips but the material is 100% waterproof so now everything keeps dry.