how for do you travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray

hiya all wave.gif
how far do you travel to fish??
i dont mean for a holiday (w/acres/ireland etc) but for everyday fishing. i personally have a couple of waters that are about 15 minutes away and are great if i have only got a couple of hours spare, i also fish a couple of places that are a 100plus miles away which obviously are for a full day/night session.

how far do you travel, do match men/ladies travel far to fish match's, do specimen anglers travel hundreds of miles to fish one particular place....................just curious. thinking.gif

i dont spoil your fishing, so dont you spoil mine......take your rubbish home.

original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

AlexR

hi ray, i will travel quite far to a match, but not often. most of my fishing is done on a venue 10mins from me, and soon on a club water 5mins from me. i have a few lakes within 30 mins as well, but i never travel further than that (i may do if i was driving!)

;)

MALC

For matches i travel as much as is required can be anything from 10 mins to 3hours away mainly dependent on my shifts at work.
For pleasure sessions i tend to stay within about 2hours drive and as i'm based in the Midlands that gives me a lot of scope.

Malc ghost.gif ZIPPY CURSE CLUB MEMBER 001

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Most of my fishing is done within a 50ml radius of where i live.
Living in South London this gives me plenty of scope.
If i really fancy it i will travel further,Izaak Waltons where we're meeting on the 30th is a 330ml round trip for me.

Peter. thumbsup.gif
Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
All Reet
Now i have been bitten by the carp Bug i have started to travel further and further been to Hampshire 440 mile round trip, Orchid Lake next week 375 mile round trip eyepop.gif

Stu

martin.

Account Locked
hi
i have a lot of clubs &waters within a 20m radius of where i live so if i wanted i could fish a different water every day on a four week rota during the river season & over a two week period during close season .
but most of my fishing during the season ison my local river i can see from my bedroom window & could walk to it in five mins
i have done 180m round trips for both pleasure sessions & matches

tight lines.
martin.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Miles and Miles and Miles Ray!

Now I've retired early, one of the greatest pleasures I have is getting invites to fish with MD guys and learning fishing techniques and waters from and with them.

Extract from recent trips.

Feb 8th to 10th With ESOX trip to Wraysbury 565 miles.

Feb 14th With Dave And Stu, Castle Howard 205 miles.

Feb 19th 20th With Martin Cambs. and Norfolk drains, stayed with folks in Suffolk 505 miles

Feb 23rd With Les Elvington 180 miles.

Nuff said?

Oh! My poor car!

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

Edited by - Ziptrev on 17 March 2002 11:33:21 PM

bart4real

I tend to fish matches in the west midlands and that is about 85 miles each way. I fish there once a week and sometimes twice. I live in south wales but the journey isn't too bad because it is mostly motorway. What I hate is 'A' roads on sundays because of those who like nothing more than to amble along at 30 miles an hour, shaking their heads at me trying to overtake them.

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
i am a little boy with no money so i get my gear and get the bus. but if i go with my cuz its within fifty miles.
i usally goto the Tarn in summer and Woodhall lake now...
thats about 3 miles from my home

Regards Gf
Roll on the replys!!!!!
angel2.gif

norm

i ususlly travel between 10 and 90 mile
just depends on how i feelicon_smile_big.gif

it isint the size of the tiddler that counts

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have a few lakes within a 15 minute drive, but only three are any god. With Daifish exploring I have heard of some more about 45 minutes away.

Waltons on 30th March is a 380+ mile round trip. (That is a long way for a blank).

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.