How do these work? Sensas Sliding Knot Stops

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
A while ago I bought some 'Beads from China' from ebay. The hole in them is too big for a slider stop knot. I know some will say you don't need a bead and just leave the tag ends to stop the float, but I think I want a bead just as an extra buffer, seen Alan Scotthorne use a bead. A quick search for suitable beads recommends these Sensas one. Thing is, they seem to come with a piece of braid already tied into a stop knot?

These handy braid knots are easy to use when slider fishing. Just thread your line through the tube and slide onto your line. When used in conjunction with the mini bead supplied they are perfect when fishing sliding floats.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I think I get it now, it's a ready tied stop knot and you just slide it on to your line similar sort of way to using a float stop. Ordered some to see anyway as I want the beads.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Ebay, 2mm seed beads, couple of quid for thousands.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Nice one. If I could find some beads (on ebay maybe) that were big enough for the eye of a Drake slider but small enough in hole for a stop knot I'd go for them. I have a feeling most of the ones tackle shops seem to sell are Carp type beads that are too big in the hole to stop against a stop knot.

JLK

Not sure about the swivel eye on the drake floats but I used to nip the eye a bit on the ones I used to use so they were more diamond looking in shape, than round. This helped the float to stop against the knot better.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Nice one. If I could find some beads (on ebay maybe) that were big enough for the eye of a Drake slider but small enough in hole for a stop knot I'd go for them. I have a feeling most of the ones tackle shops seem to sell are Carp type beads that are too big in the hole to stop against a stop knot.
Use two stop knots

Markus

Just make your own stops out of your mainline. A 0.20mm will do the job. I think best beads are made by stonfo. They are micro bored and extremly light.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Yeah the knot I'd prefer to tie myself. It's just the beads I want really as I'm not convinced a stop knot is enough on it's own without a bead, it was only when I read posts from searching I thought I might not need a bead.

Flathead

Site Supporter
I never use a bead.

Make sure you use a thick enough mainline to prevent tangling and leave the stop knot tags fairly long.

The knot won’t slip much if you tie it properly.....and use thick line for the stop knot

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Nice one. I'll experiment when my Drake slider floats arrive. (y) Thinking of using 6lb Maxima for the mainline and making the stop knot from that...

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
How does this work? Doesn't it get stuck in the rings more? Cheers.
Just 2 stop knots butted up to each other. I've used it a few times at Port Talbot in 20ft of water when l've wanted as little on my line as possible to prevent tangles. I am using hefty semi loaded wagglers and have no problem with the knots sticking in the rings.