How big is yours ?

stikflote

Site Supporter
32 inch in living room dont have one in the bedrooms have a small one in shed,but that's only used
for looking on youtube for bike repairs ,digital workshop manuals

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Why is the sound quality for most large TV's that poor that you're often recommended to buy a sound bar to go with it?

(50" in lounge, 42" in dining room, various smaller sizes in bedrooms)

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
Because they are that thin a decent set of speakers won't fit in them anymore

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Why is the sound quality for most large TV's that poor that you're often recommended to buy a sound bar to go with it?

(50" in lounge, 42" in dining room, various smaller sizes in bedrooms)
The TVs are so slim these days that there is not enough room to fit decent speakers, so they sound tinny. When I recently bought the TV in the photo of my first post, I picked out what I thought was a reasonable sound bar. I fancied a surround sound system, but wanted it wireless. Talking to the shop” Richer Sounds, they are great and offer fantastic service”. The guy asked me what size and shape room I had and the ceiling height. He then recommended a Sonus system, and explained what it would do and how much better it would be. I gulped at the price, but said yes. Even my Mrs said I was mad, as it was more than the TV. But what a sound, and she was surprised and impressed. Our slightly older TV , which is a 55inch and has a Panasonic sound bar was lost in this room with its vaulted ceilings. The difference is astounding.

nejohn

Site Supporter
If I am just watching the news or similar then the sound from our 50inch Panasonic is at best OK however if we sit down to watch something properly then you really have to have some additional sound equipment, we have gone down the surround sound route with a Denon 7.1 AV amp and Ruark Vita sub and speakers and the sound is pretty good, after a lot of fiddling about I managed to hide the bulk of the cabling so it is not to bad. If I was buying again though I would give the Tibo system a lot of thought works pretty much like the Sonos and sound not a lot different for probably half the price. We have 3 of the wireless speakers in the bedrooms and office and they work very well

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
I inherited my old mans curved 50” 4K tele + soundbox when he upgraded to a 60”. I personally wouldn’t buy a tele that size but the picture quality and sound is astounding compared to the 42” tele it replaced.

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
The TVs are so slim these days that there is not enough room to fit decent speakers, so they sound tinny. When I recently bought the TV in the photo of my first post, I picked out what I thought was a reasonable sound bar. I fancied a surround sound system, but wanted it wireless. Talking to the shop” Richer Sounds, they are great and offer fantastic service”. The guy asked me what size and shape room I had and the ceiling height. He then recommended a Sonus system, and explained what it would do and how much better it would be. I gulped at the price, but said yes. Even my Mrs said I was mad, as it was more than the TV. But what a sound, and she was surprised and impressed. Our slightly older TV , which is a 55inch and has a Panasonic sound bar was lost in this room with its vaulted ceilings. The difference is astounding.
Richer Sounds customer service is fantastic -Their warranty’s are also 👌 I’d recommend anyone buying an electrical item to check in with these guys first.

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
Huge TV's give me the fear! Recently replaced our old TV with a 42" beast and that seems massive. Only one TV in the house.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The problem I find with the tinny sound of some tvs is hearing what people are saying.
I reckon it's related to my tinnitus, my missus says it's my age 😀

bluemack

Site Supporter
The problem I find with the tinny sound of some tvs is hearing what people are saying.
Me and the Mrs have the same issue Dave so we have the sub titles on most of the time,when you,ve rearranged the words and
corrected the spelling in your head you can just about decipher what they are saying.Its similar to the Enigma code.🤡💩

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
52 inch in the living room, 32 inch in the bedroom, (my wife says that the one in the bedroom is big enough for her needs). LÖL

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Little 50in in the bedroom and a 55in in the living room which is wired into my technics hifi....

Wife goes ballistic when i whack the volume right up for the THX tune 😈😈😈😂😂

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I was having the same problem, and I’m cough cough a similar age to you. This new sound system is the absolute nuts.

feldri

Site Supporter
32" in the living room, but it's 24" front to back. 25 year old but still does what I want it to do. :) 22" smart tv in bedroom with built in DVD player that hasn't been used for two years. Mostly watch DVD's on 22" pc monitor.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
According to my wife i'm the opposite of every bloke.... i say it's smaller than it is, the tv in the front room is 65in not 55in... sheeesh

Chervil

Site Supporter
I'm really impressed by all the big ones on here, mine's just a normal 9 inches;)