House insurance

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
A lot of insurance companies give you a good deal if you are a new customer its the following year the price usually increases i now never set up a rolling direct debit i always wait for new price then compare to other companies. Its the same with AA etc i paid for years just letting it roll on and now i pay well over half less with green flag and i've got more cover so i know it will be more after 12 months and it will be time for another deal.
There’s regulations coming in to force this year that change that for car and home insurance.
companies have to offer the same price for new and renewal for the same insurables.
that doesn’t mean it won’t go up, but will mean that “loss leader“ new business pricing will be gone from the UK market.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
What pi**es me off is that you get a renewal notice,usually at least 50% higher than previous year,go on a comparison site and there is your insurer near the top of the list offering same cover for less than the previous year,ring them up and you get the answer that the price is for first time clients only,madness,I rebroke mine every year,sometimes going back to ones I sacked the previous year.Another gripe is that if you ring them to cancel on renewal the first thing they say is 'why',thats pretty obvious,then they say lets have another look at it and start offering a discount,if they can do that then why not at renewal

stikflote

Site Supporter
What annoys me a lot is you buy household insurance that,s all well and good,
But if the Roof gets damage or starts to leak ,you then find very quickly that the roof is not part of house insurance
i had a expensive roof repair when the lead flashing started leaking between my house and next door the lead they took off must have doubled their profit