Hot

Sportsman

Site Supporter
We have just completed the third day of 40deg + temps. We have another two days to go apparently
It is 11.30 right now and it is still 36deg.
We have AC but the garden is destroyed and the wildlife are suffering. We have lost two hens this week, to heat stress I assume. They are entirely free range, have unlimited water and masses of shade, but it is just too much for them. I am finding dead songbirds in the garden, the so called lawn is brown and crusty, trees and shrubs are dying and the two vineyards next door are a complete write off, with just dried off bunches.
We have spray irrigation systems for the three main flower beds and are keeping some of the plants alive, but I would give a lot for a good rainfall for a day or two.
I had to pop down the garden to do a little job this afternoon and had to come back, I was starting to feel very weird.
I have worked in some hot places over the years, such as Libya, Qatar and Dubai, and I don't remember many that were hotter than this.
How is your weather?

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
We have just completed the third day of 40deg + temps. We have another two days to go apparently
It is 11.30 right now and it is still 36deg.
We have AC but the garden is destroyed and the wildlife are suffering. We have lost two hens this week, to heat stress I assume. They are entirely free range, have unlimited water and masses of shade, but it is just too much for them. I am finding dead songbirds in the garden, the so called lawn is brown and crusty, trees and shrubs are dying and the two vineyards next door are a complete write off, with just dried off bunches.
We have spray irrigation systems for the three main flower beds and are keeping some of the plants alive, but I would give a lot for a good rainfall for a day or two.
I had to pop down the garden to do a little job this afternoon and had to come back, I was starting to feel very weird.
I have worked in some hot places over the years, such as Libya, Qatar and Dubai, and I don't remember many that were hotter than this.
How is your weather?
Its been 28 here in Scarborough, very pleasant, i dont mind it being in the 40s on holiday with air conditioning in the bedroom but i couldnt take those temperatures all the time . I hope not too much wild life or people suffer where you are . Wish you well

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Depends which way you look at it. Down at the lakes yesterday the temp hit 35c (95f in old money), but the lakes are surrounded by trees and shrubbery so creating a bit of a sun trap. Got up this morning and looked at the min/max thermometer outside and it didn't go below 26.6 (80f) during the night.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
A pleasant 25 degrees here in sunny Penzance - which was nice as it''s been miserable and wet all week. Back to Sussex to-day where it was 32 yesterday.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Was the wrong side of 30 here yesterday and looking like the same all weekend. I can take high 20s but 30 odd is just too hot! 20 to maybe 25 tops is more optimum lol

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Rubbish weather in England mate , couple of days of medium sun, then rain etc

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Inconsistent that’s for sure. Been quite a few nice days last couple years but mostly we seem to have a climate of extremes with it too hot, too cold, too wet or too windy more often than it being just being warm, calm and dry.

lp1886

It was a bit sticky last night, couldn’t sleep so decided to tie up a few rigs at 2am.

Silver fan 82

A pleasant 25 degrees here in sunny Penzance - which was nice as it''s been miserable and wet all week. Back to Sussex to-day where it was 32 yesterday.
Not much difference today Phil. A bit more overcast today but it feels much more humid and oppressive today.