Hot sunny days.......what do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

struggler

solemn chops
Hi all, now im not sure how warm it is in the frozen north but down saaf here its a bit on the warm and sunny side [:p]

Tomorrow I plan to fish a local lake for carp but am wondering what method to adopt for the day time, I mean they are bobbing on the top doing nothing really!!

Until dark they won`t really get their heads down so do I:

A) Scale down and fish for bites and bits.
B) Fish floaters for carp and try to avoid the wildlife.
C) Fish normally for carp in the hope some are still feeding on the bottom.
D) Sit in the garden with a few cold ones [:D]

hempy

Alan
Lay back, take the rays and a few more cold ones[:D] Or you could fish hemp for the roach till late on[:T]

BarryC

Do'nt know what your lakes like but in those circumstances I would put out my usual carp tackle or fish for roach etc.
While doing this I would feed a few areas, probably the margins with a few floaters or bits of bread. When they start feeding,........ well i'me sure you know the rest.

Len Wade

Bog-Monster
Site Supporter
Free-line a floating boilie in the wind lanes... it worked well enough last weekend! [:D]

Larry

Lazarus
I use the Pedigree Chum & Bread fish the surface for the Carp on the top.But feed the margins for the evening fishing but have fished the surface all day & evening&night time till dusk when it 's been hot days.

Donfish

'Wot's geet Wilf?
Forget the Water Pigs,fish Hemp for Dog Roach,Corn on the lift method for fat Tench,and Bread Flake for some lovely Crucians.
Perfick![:)]

jase72

[:D][8D] sit in the garden in the rays and slowley get trollyed....turning yourself a deep lobster shade of red.....as the carp will proberly finnish off spawning....hahaha

oldtart

01/02/09 - 07/07/10
In Memoriam
Donfish me old St Helens Scouser you got the job spot on dont forget off with the shirt,on with the shorts all white bits going red knotted hankey etc,or is it just down the south?????lol[:T]

oldtart

01/02/09 - 07/07/10
In Memoriam
Forgot to say I was sit watching my mate today fishing corn on t waggler in 11ft,at 1230 he had a tench of 7lb14oz at 1250 one of 7lb11oz on his old Normark Avenger,sure beats getting up at the crack of dawn.[:D][:D]

Donfish

'Wot's geet Wilf?
Bet your mate was made up with those Tench,John.[:)] Lovely Jubbly.

oldtart

01/02/09 - 07/07/10
In Memoriam
Ive got them on my phone will try and get them on screen,when I catch up with my adviser,Im a useless not a nice chap at things technical.

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Get the Stella out [:T] i went fishing on friday and everything was cruising on the surface (even the perch). I only managed to get half a dozen rudd spraying maggots, Some nice ones mind.

Im not much of a Carp man but i know when there up top its very difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.