hot dogs( the sausage type)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wardsnr

has any one used these has bait for carp, whats the advantages or disadvantages, and which is the best.

Last edited:

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
I have used and did catch some carp, But the Best to use is alink of sausage carp love them. just cut up to quarter size put straight on hook with skin and bobs you're uncle. [:)]

Tight Lines.

Datafile4.asp

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
Yes raw sausages the link ones.

Datafile4.asp

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

MALC

quote:Originally posted by Barrie44

Yes raw sausages the link ones.

And if you add some fresh blood from the butcher to them and make a paste TENCH go potty for it, but don't tell everyone.[;)][;)]

MALC
Datafile2.asp
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
I knew that Malc ox blood for eel too lovely yummy.

Datafile4.asp

wardsnr

thanks for the replys guys, last weekend whilst out shoping with the wife i came across a company that made round hot dogs, the same shape roughly as a 30mm boilie, they called them ball dogs,28 in each box, 2 boxs a pound,microwave for 1.20 mins,they smell the same as the sausage type and tasty,when cooked the skin hardens making it ideal for the hair rig,going to give them a try next time im out. will keep you posted. wish me luck[;)]

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
I did buy some of those round ones, I used on a couple of fisherys did'nt get a thing, But did catch on normal sausage[:)]
Any how good luck, hope you do better than I did with those boxed hotdogs. [;)]

Datafile4.asp

wardsnr

Barrie tried the raw sausages no luck.tried them on the hair and on the hook but 9 times out of 10 it went one way the rig went the other.doing something wrong any suggestions please Ian (wardsnr)

aliwil42

well i use a smoked frankfurter....always hair rig it for carp and at the place i seem to fish the most i have had very quick results.... if im gonna get a take on them it will usually happen after the 1st 15 mins...

have tried them both as 1 piece about 1.5 inches long on the hair and a few small slices cut in half and bunged onto a hair.... which caught my pb mirror at 13lb right in the margins at about 4pm

ken age 63

' Gin & Tonic '
them little frankfurters out of lidls,they love them in a little lake we go to,carp,

Commonsense aint that common,is it?

Datafile4.asp

Apache

i have used the frankfurters from Beechwood, and they are quite good.

Tight Lines,
Matt

Datafile4.asp

Heathlands Angling Club - http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.comPinkieDrowner's Forum (Under 18's only) - http://www.maggotdrowning.com/younguns

Status
Not open for further replies.