Hot and Sweaty

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
I hate this really hot weather... following a particularly unpleasant bout of glandular fever about 25 years ago, my ability to thermo-regulate changed completely. Basically I am naturally warm (as long as I'm moving about).

The upside of this, is that I can wear shorts and a t-shirt in the winter providing I'm walking about etc. (I can even shovel snow in such clothing). However in the summer I've had it. Today I fed the fish in the garden and watered the hanging baskets... and now I need a shower and change of clothes. I hate this hot weather.

Thankfully we have air-con in the lounge (which would hit 40 degrees today otherwise) and I shall hide away in all my errant sweatiness.

So anyone else looking forward to a few hot days in the sun?

Attachments

• 1596792194194.png
    1596792194194.png
    148.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 1596792249445.png
    1596792249445.png
    216.7 KB · Views: 23

160642fishing

Site Supporter
It's strange how your body changes with age,for years my wife and me used to go to Greece,Yugoslavia,Cyprus,Spain in the Summer and,Canaries in winter,lay in the sun for a fortnight coming back like a pair of brown people,now neither of us can stand being in it for more than a few minutes,I've just come in from sitting under a pear tree in the shade,I've come in to escape the minute flies that arrive once the farmers start harvesting.

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
I’ve always disliked hot weather. I blame it on my mum wrapping me up in numerous blankets after being born in the summer heat of 1963. Give me the winter any day.

Simon R

Site Supporter
This morning I cleaned out the pond and filters, strimmed the front garden and mowed the back lawn

If I'd been zapped by one of them virus thermometer guns they'd have had me in isolation in two minutes flat. :p
It's not even that warm here - 27C according to local weather stations

Too warm for me though - anything over 20C I find uncomfortable if I'm doing anything more strenuous than lifting a glass:p

Simon

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I hate this really hot weather... following a particularly unpleasant bout of glandular fever about 25 years ago, my ability to thermo-regulate changed completely. Basically I am naturally warm (as long as I'm moving about).

The upside of this, is that I can wear shorts and a t-shirt in the winter providing I'm walking about etc. (I can even shovel snow in such clothing). However in the summer I've had it. Today I fed the fish in the garden and watered the hanging baskets... and now I need a shower and change of clothes. I hate this hot weather.

Thankfully we have air-con in the lounge (which would hit 40 degrees today otherwise) and I shall hide away in all my errant sweatiness.

So anyone else looking forward to a few hot days in the sun?
Just loving it ?, just stripped my mothers toilet down ,replaced all the parts ,syphon ,overflow and sift close seat . Now sitting in the garden in the sunshine after a short shower here in scarborough . Its around 27 or 28 deg c mmmm ? it

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I’ve been sleeping in an inner tent in a caravan awning. Woke up this morning to bright sunshine and gasping for air and it was only 730. Be nice to be back in my bed tonight with the ‘Apocalypse Now’ esque ceiling fan on.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Is rather hot today isn’t it. 20-25 is my idea of perfection but this is a bit much. I can take it in the high 20s once in a while but over 30 like it is today is just too hot!