Hospital

stikflote

Site Supporter
Just got back from taking Great gran daughter to A E we had Paramedics out
Paramedic gave us a form for a free Taxi to hospital bu8t Taxi firm said it will be over 40 minutes,.
I cancelled taxi and took daughter and gran daughter to Ae .
G Gran daughter is now under living with me and daughter , because my Grandson im ashamed to say was beating her up.
she came to our house and told us about it asked what can i do
i said next time he does it, go to school and tell the head master, she did.
Within two days we had police and social workers round gran daughter said irf i go back home he will hit me again
so can i stay with my Nan and grandad ,so she is now under our care Her parents told social worker they didnt want her back
and to put her in care,,
this young girl was not allowed out after school to play with her friends ,she does not do drugs smoke or drink,
she never had the chance.

I love the girl to bits, but at nearly 80 i could do with out the hassle,

but she,s here now ,to stay, she will be 14 in a couple months

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
There's good and bad in every family Keith, at least she had the strength to report it as many would allow it to continue for fear of getting the abuser into trouble.
Make sure you use the social services and the social worker whenever you need assistance or advice and allow the girl time to settle down to some normality before making any long term commitments.

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Just got back from taking Great gran daughter to A E we had Paramedics out
Paramedic gave us a form for a free Taxi to hospital bu8t Taxi firm said it will be over 40 minutes,.
I cancelled taxi and took daughter and gran daughter to Ae .
G Gran daughter is now under living with me and daughter , because my Grandson im ashamed to say was beating her up.
she came to our house and told us about it asked what can i do
i said next time he does it, go to school and tell the head master, she did.
Within two days we had police and social workers round gran daughter said irf i go back home he will hit me again
so can i stay with my Nan and grandad ,so she is now under our care Her parents told social worker they didnt want her back
and to put her in care,,
this young girl was not allowed out after school to play with her friends ,she does not do drugs smoke or drink,
she never had the chance.

I love the girl to bits, but at nearly 80 i could do with out the hassle,

but she,s here now ,to stay, she will be 14 in a couple months
This hit a nerve. I lived with this in my early years. I recall being thrown down the stairs, punched, kicked and belted. My mum ran away with my sister and I when I was 5 years old after she met somebody who would help her. That man became my stepdad and the greatest man to ever live.
I am told by parents that I am the most considerate teacher in school...I take after the man I truly called dad.
With your G granddaughter having you in her life she will be able to adjust and in time but the rubbish she has gone through behind her. My respect to you is immense as you are doing a most wonderful thing. 👏

crayfishtraps

Site Supporter
With your G granddaughter having you in her life she will be able to adjust and in time but the rubbish she has gone through behind her. My respect to you is immense as you are doing a most wonderful thing(y)(y)
nothing more to be said..except...hope she gets over this

stikflote

Site Supporter
RE G gran daughter must be my cooking, she had a severe case of food poisoning
last thing she had to eat was some at school dinner, she is home now,as for social workers
9 weeks now we are still waiting on one to come,

We think Grandaughter needs some help counsellng because it plays on her mind that her parents dont want her

Deejay8

Site Supporter
At least she has you and your daughter to look after her and love her. Respect to you for getting her the help she needed to get out of that situation, and for providing her with the stability she needs going forward.

PJ Rothwell

So sad to hear about youngsters being treated this way. You are clearly a wonderful and loving gentleman, I am sure she is better off with you. Take care and all the best.

Mothy1965

Site Supporter
All respect to you for giving the girl a safe haven, living in fear must be a terrible thing to endure. Please keep telling her that this is not her fault

Steve_King

Hope all goes well for all you. It’s not easy looking after a teenager when you are over the age of 21!

My wife and I have been guardians of a granddaughter since she just turned 5 and had been taken into care in serious circumstances because of her mother’s neglect. Our little one is now 13 and although she can be a complete pain in the proverbial we love her to bits!