Hooking Pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triturus

I have used the soft hooker type of pellet for the first time this summer with no problem, but for the hard-type what is the best way to use them? I've seen photos of them superglued to the hook or attached using bait bands (do you get through numerous bait bands in a session?)

Cheers

Neil

se mc

hello neil

there is a small tab on some bands which you put the hook through.this stops the fish from sucking the bands down with the pellet.plus you can pressant the pellet perfectly with the hook showing

ste mc [:D]

scouse

'River Man'
Triturus
why not try cuting
a elastic band into small strips
then glue them to the pellet
then put hook through the band
it works great[:)]

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

Ruddy Roach

Hi Neil.

The best ways of using hard pellets would probably be to use a bait band or you can use super glue. The way to use this method is to make a groove in one side of the pellet with something like a nail file and just stick the pellet to the hook in the groove. Another way to use pellets would simply be to hair-rig them using a knotless knot.

ANDY

Polepot

Poles
Hi Neil,

I use a band but rather than putting it round the pellet. I drill the pellets out and using a baiting needle draw it through then release gently. It gives a really nice presentation and the pellet stays on well. Oh it helps to frezze the pellets before you drill them.

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

fishing_mad

either use a bait band our make em into a simple paste or even hair rig em

:)Fishing Mad:)

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Put the required amount of hard pellets in a collonder and pour boiling water over them. Shake well then place pellets in a sealable plastic bag, Leave to soak for a few hours. You should find that the pellets are now soft enough to hook.

chill out go fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.