hook size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piker

hi could some one tell me what hook size they would use for this method of fishing?
floatfishing for CARP with SWEETCORN or BREAD
thanks a lot

:)::--Piker--:::)

fishing_mad

size 8/0 because you wont catch out dave

Fishing Mad[:)]

martin.

Account Locked
depends on the size of the bait single sweetcorn smaallish bit of breadpaste probably 16
2/3bits of corn larger piece of flake could be a 12 also the hook patern can make a difference
like a normal size 10 is roughly = to mustad method size 14

tight lines.
martin.

talk fishing flip football

joe1987

'Darwener'
i'd defo go for drennan specimen barbless 12's or 10's. Carp can take a size 2 hook but 10 is about right.

Toodlepip
**Joe-boy**

Dervaig

I use Drennan Barbless Carp. Size 16 for one grain of corn.
12 or 14's for two grains.
If using bread I go for 10 or 12.

Dervaig

Paul Holt

Depends on the size of carp and weather. This time of year if I was using single corn I'd use an 18 or a 20, going up to a 14/16 for 2 grains. In the summer you can get away with a much larger hook. For bread I use large chunks and you can hide a big hook easily in bread so 10/12 or bigger.

Tight lines!
Paul

TINY

Tiny
Anywhere from a 12 to a 20 depending on size of bait and time of year.One of my favourite hooks are the Kamasan Animal or the Kamasan x strong.[:eek:)]

Andy.

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
I must have been doing it wrong all these years. Bread flake and paste size 10 to size 2 depending how big the bait is. Crust minimum of size 6 up to size 2.
Corn the smallest hook I use is a 12 and go up to size 6. The above applies to chub as well

chill out go fishing

TINY

Tiny
I dont think so John as you are an accomplished angler.Its just different strokes for diferent folks.All the best Andy

Andy.

Chopper

TBH I wouldn't use smaller than a 14 or certainly no smaller than a 16 for fishing single corn.

I use a bait needle for hooking corn and all the hook barring the point is buried in the corn.

Don't see the point of fishing a 20, that's asking for trouble with the size of the fish corn usually attracts, unless.......you are fishing a tiny piece of corn smaller than most of the pieces you are feeding which IMO is silly but again, I might be wrong. You wouldn't feed maggot and fish squatt overt it.

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

TINY

Tiny
I only use a 20 when Im fishing with the Kernal out of the corn for Roach and Rudd.I should have stated that earlier[:I].(sorry)

Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.