Hook Lengths

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyClegg

Hello everybody,
[?]
I make up my own pole rigs. Then when fishing I attatch the hook length using the loop to loop method. When I pack up I like to remove the hook length before putting the rig back on the winder. But always find this difficult. Has anyone got an easy idea/gadget for untying the loop to loop. Thanks in advance.

SammyClegg

Jeff

Hi Sammy,
The only thing I can think of is to use a Knot picker which you can get from any Tackle shop, But why are you removing the Hook length in the first place?.....If you are doing it so that you can discard the hook length then just cut the loop on the Hook length side and pull the cut piece through the remaining loop.

SammyClegg

Jeff
I'm removing it so I can select a different size hook if need be, next time I use that rig. I guess I'd better make up more rigs!!

SammyClegg

Chris Taylor

I cant catch roach
do u fish many waters as if u only fish a few have every possible rig for every venue. if not set up ones with the size hooks u use most.

Jeff

Sammy
Might be easier just to cut the hook length off and make a new one, You can always save the hook, you just have to tie a new hook length with a different size hook.

mike s

I always "bin" hooks I've used, so what I do is cut the hooklength off at the loop leaving the long ends through the rig loop, then I can pull it out with the tweezers I use for shot.

Cumbria Angling Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.