Hook length box - Recommend one for me

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
Hi

I want a new way to store hook lengths. I currently use round foam winders I got cheap from a somewhere. They’re bulky and a pain so I want a nice box.
The Guru rig case looks almost ideal but I want one box that can store short 3 or 4 inch method hook lengths all the way up to longer 15ish inch ones. The guru ones seem to be 2 sizes to get that range and the XL rig case looks ideal except it’s huge and £50.
Does anyone do one like the smaller guru ones that can take a bigger range of lengths?

thanks

Reuben

Site Supporter
Buy yourself a case with a rig board get a box of drawing pins then you can have any length you want, simples.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi

I want a new way to store hook lengths. I currently use round foam winders I got cheap from a somewhere. They’re bulky and a pain so I want a nice box.
The Guru rig case looks almost ideal but I want one box that can store short 3 or 4 inch method hook lengths all the way up to longer 15ish inch ones. The guru ones seem to be 2 sizes to get that range and the XL rig case looks ideal except it’s huge and £50.
Does anyone do one like the smaller guru ones that can take a bigger range of lengths?

thanks

Unless you double the hooklength around two pins and come back down the box, you’ll struggle to find what you are looking for. I have tried many of the hook boxes and the Matrix ones are nice and simple. Going to have a bit of a clear out and I have a hardly used Guru XL rig case I’ll stick in the classifieds, that’s the only one that will do what you are asking.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Hi

thanks
Preston mag store 15in will store 12in and also 4in if you buy the 4in sticks

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
Unless you double the hooklength around two pins and come back down the box, you’ll struggle to find what you are looking for. I have tried many of the hook boxes and the Matrix ones are nice and simple. Going to have a bit of a clear out and I have a hardly used Guru XL rig case I’ll stick in the classifieds, that’s the only one that will do what you are asking.
How much do you want for the xl case?

Chervil

Site Supporter
For longer lengths I use a Korum Rig Store, you can go around as many times as you like £10.99

Ben Field

The Cresta Hooklength boxes will do exactly this for you.

Bit like the Preston (the Cresta came first), but by buying:

1 x 20cm version (blue, horizontal)
1 x 20cm feeder version (orange, horizontal), you could store:

4”, 6”, 8”, 16”, 24”, 32”, 40”.......

All in one box if you combine the two sets on to one and just take what you need - I.e. just mix and match orange and blue winders.

I’ve tried lots of hooklength boxes over the past few years. Some are super bulky. Some just not very well made. These are simple, but slim and really versatile. Quite often I’ll just take a couple of winders and pop them in a Seatbox drawer if I know exactly what I’m going to need on a short session.

Admittedly, you’d need to buy two boxes (about £16 each) but they’ll cover every hooklength you ever need, ever again.

Whisker

Site Supporter
£25 + postage, no idea what that would be. It’s not very heavy.
Postage price finder on the PO website is very useful. Box/package it up and measure the dimensions, approx. weight and you’ll have a price 👍

dave brittain 1

I use the Frenzee hook up hook length box. Superb quality, multiple lengths can be tied 3ins, 4ins, 6ins and 12ins and it stores up to 400 hook lengths.