Hook box labels

Devon Ken

Site Supporter
Was wondering what labels to use marking hook sizes and breaking strains in a guru hook box

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I ‘borrow‘ one of the works Dymo printers for all my labels

adriang

Site Supporter

I use one of these. Label tape off eBay. Only downside is it needs (loads of) batteries, I got an external power supply off eBay for it.

rudd

Site Supporter
I used the labels that came with the boxes and a permanent fine marker. Am I missing something?
Not really Neil, the nicely printed labels look good and are a nice touch but labels are labels and are needed however done.
Do you all also have an out side label? mine do:
Waggler, banded waggler, feeder, method, pellet waggler, pole heavy, pole light, pole carp etc etc.
Even have an old sensas wallet of winter specials!
My boxes have biggest hook to left or at top eg 8,8,10,10,12,12,14,14, 16,16 two different diameters lines per hook for method (method also has both dia and hook in 3inch and 4 inch), pellet waggler and carp bomb, some have more such as 18,20,22,24 in light pole box where I have 0.10 down to 0.6 in each hook size tied on mono plus some also tied on fluro.

Mind boggling once you get into covering all eventually you may face!

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
First off, bear in mind I use a very limited range of hooklengths. Thus I have two Guru boxes. One for 10 inch pole hooklengths, the other for 4 inch feeder ones. So no exterior labels needed.

For canal and river hooklengths I still use foam pipe lagging and pins. Canal lagging is wrapped in red tape, river in blue.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I have a label printer but as I don't match fish anymore I tie all my hooks up on the bank so have no need to label my hooks, I don't even have a hooklength box, just an old wallet with foam strips and a Korum box for longer Barbel hooklengths.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Even if I didn't fish matches I would still tie hooklengths at home. Bit tricky using a length board on the bank to get hooklengths the same length. Might as well do it in the comfort of home and make life easy on the bank.