Homemade wildlife help.

62tucker

Site Supporter
I have in the past made a few things for wildlife in back garden. Nowt major. A stack of logs, a bundle of canes hung up so stuff can go in the ends. But today I had a bit of a idea. I have 4 double air bricks lying about. Thinking of hanging them on my fence for creepy crawlys to go in. Do you think they be any good?
Any other homemade ideas for garden wildlife

Chervil

Site Supporter
I have in the past made a few things for wildlife in back garden. Nowt major. A stack of logs, a bundle of canes hung up so stuff can go in the ends. But today I had a bit of a idea. I have 4 double air bricks lying about. Thinking of hanging them on my fence for creepy crawlys to go in. Do you think they be any good?
Any other homemade ideas for garden wildlife
No reason why they wouldn't work. We use most things a college, from stacked up branches, bricks around the edges of pallets, with branches in the middle, then other pallets on top several high, cut lengths of bamboo placed together, to bat boxes. It all helps.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Made 4 new bird boxes last year. Only 1 got a bird in and had chicks. Still a result in my eyes. Had woodpecker trying to get in for them

Chervil

Site Supporter
Made 4 new bird boxes last year. Only 1 got a bird in and had chicks. Still a result in my eyes. Had woodpecker trying to get in for them
Had bird boxes up at home for years, never had anything in them. However I have a small hole in the brickwork, which gets a Sparrow nest each year. Until the Magpies get them. I'm fortunate to work in a college set in the grounds of an old mansion. We have extensive parkland, woods, the estate's old lakes and a 600 acre farm. So we are teaming with wildlife. Whilst like most jobs, it has its bad days, it's just a privilege to work in such a fantastic setting. One thing I still have to do, is fish the lakes Which apart from a few students on fisheries courses, no one is allowed to, although I have an open invitation.