Homemade Bread

davylad

Site Supporter
I'm not interested in cooking but I love making bread. I haven't really been taught, just got better by making mistakes and listening to people telling me what I did wrong. I don't bake much now though, as I can't leave it alone when it comes out of the oven, and don't want to put weight on. :(

TonyA

Site Supporter
I've been making bread for a while now, prefer it to shop stuff as it doesn't upset my gut . I use a breadmaker to make the dough then tip it out, beat it up, let it rise and bake. Gorgeous and it will keep about a week.

davylad

Site Supporter
I've been making bread for a while now, prefer it to shop stuff as it doesn't upset my gut . I use a breadmaker to make the dough then tip it out, beat it up, let it rise and bake. Gorgeous and it will keep about a week.
I'd have to make a few batches for it to last a week. :)

Phillip MGBGT

Site Supporter
I don't know about you fellow bread bakers, but the paddle thing that mixes all of the ingredients up nealy always leaves a whacking great hole in the bread when I take it out.
Do you find the same ?

TonyA

Site Supporter
I don't know about you fellow bread bakers, but the paddle thing that mixes all of the ingredients up nealy always leaves a whacking great hole in the bread when I take it out.
Do you find the same ?
I only use my machine to make the dough then tip it out, kneed it, prove it and bake it.

davylad

Site Supporter
I got a machine given, and although they do save a bit of elbow grease, I too got fed up of trying to get the dough out without difficulty. This thread has got me going again, I'm going to get some flour and do a batch this weekend.

TonyA

Site Supporter
I got a machine given, and although they do save a bit of elbow grease, I too got fed up of trying to get the dough out without difficulty. This thread has got me going again, I'm going to get some flour and do a batch this weekend.
I simply remove the pan and turn it upside down. The dough falls out.