home pierpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

denty28

i'm trying to find out the name of a pond and some info on it but after a long time trying i still haven't managed to find out even the name of it. Its off adbolton lane about 2 miles past the entrance for home pierpoint on the left and i think theres 2 ponds there. Does anyone have any info on this place? like the name and cost to fish + whats in it and best tactics? I'd really appreciate any advise/info.

CHEERS

griff06

Site Supporter
Denty,could you not call on to see if anybody fishing ,and ask them,or see if there is a notice board anywhere,have you tried the local tackle shop.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Do you mean Hackett Lakes ?

These are on the right, but are the lakes that you can see from the A52 as you go past the turning to Cotgrave. You also have the Finger Ponds and Bottle (or Green) Pond on the left where you turn into the 'ski-tow'

2009113193622_Holme Pierrepont Map.jpg

I think you are probably talking about Ponds G & H - H is Skylarks and a nature reserve - you can't fish it. G is Green/Bottle pond and is a Notts Fed water

Hackett Lakes aren't marked on the map, but are in the gap to the right of 'I'

'F' is the ski-tow lake, no fishing, but A,B and C are also Notts Fed

denty28

Thx Yuccaman, much appreciated. GIff - I have been down there a couple of times and theres no signs or people fishing.

Early Bird

There's always someone fishing at Hackkett Lakes. He wears a fluorescent jacket and he hardly ever seems to move....

jacksdar

Yuccaman,

You have not stated what E is on map? [;)]

Agreed, you are probably on about the same ponds as Yuccaman. I fished a match on there in the early 80's. It used to be known as Gedling Pond if my memory is still in tact. It is absolutely stuffed with Skimmers & Bream. I have fished it a couple of times over the years. Always seems to change owners. I think it would be a good aquisition for a club.

Heard it recently, nearly, changed hands?!

cyril

El blanko
Originally posted by Early Bird

There's always someone fishing at Hackkett Lakes. He wears a fluorescent jacket and he hardly ever seems to move....

he mite be DEAD[:D]

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by cyril

Originally posted by Early Bird

he mite be DEAD[:D]

I drive past him every day....he could be dead...or a scare-cormorant (similar to a scarecrow, but more important)

jacksdar

K was filled in many years ago.

L was a great little place. Was formally known as Winfield Lagoon & was stocked with lots of Roach & Skimmers. Now used by the paddlers. Evening Post ran a junior match on it 28 years ago.

goody47

28 years ago in the Winfield Lagoon..... Jeez, I fished that match!
Thanks for the memory[:C]

jacksdar

28 years ago in the Winfield Lagoon..... Jeez, I fished that match!
Thanks for the memory

I have the photo taken of us all that went in the EP. Simon Huthwaite won the match. A brilliant angler who I fished with/against for many years.

I, J M & N are all old gravel pits. Do not think any fish in them. also there is a massive lake you can see on your left as you drive out of Nottingham on the A52. I beleive this was created when Gamston estate was built. Not sure of its purpose though & has not been stocked with anything.

goody47

A,B & C as mentioned previously are what used to be called the Finger Ponds (Notts Fed). Back in the 80's I recall working down there during the closed season repairing pegs etc (remember that?) and seeing some absoluting HUGE carp patrolling the margins. We had a number of club matches there back then but these ponds were a tough nut to crack, I think the club record was set there during one match with around 90lb of bream but that was the exception as opposed to the norm.
Jacksdar, I can't remember much about that match other than I think I came away with some tacky Woolworths tackle , was there a qualifier on the rowing course prior to it? I seem to remember fishing a match on both[?][?]

Last edited:

shaggy69

Shaggy69
Does anyone know if there is day ticket fishing at Hacketts,there's nothing as i can see on the website other than the home page that say's private fishing,looks like quiet a nice little place and i wouldn't mind giving it a crack

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Yep - Hackett's is day ticket. Last time I fished it (about 18 months back) it was 5 on the bank. You could always check with Tim at Matchman Supplies in West Bridgford for the latest info.

jacksdar

A,B & C as mentioned previously are what used to be called the Finger Ponds (Notts Fed). Back in the 80's I recall working down there during the closed season repairing pegs etc (remember that?) and seeing some absoluting HUGE carp patrolling the margins. We had a number of club matches there back then but these ponds were a tough nut to crack, I think the club record was set there during one match with around 90lb of bream but that was the exception as opposed to the norm.
Jacksdar, I can't remember much about that match other than I think I came away with some tacky Woolworths tackle , was there a qualifier on the rowing course prior to it? I seem to remember fishing a match on both

Our club fished matches on there too. Always difficult as you say. A couple of good pleasure sessions on there though. Nice net of Bream & lots of Roach on Waggler.

Yes, there was a qualifier. I forgot about that! I will have a look at the photo again. We were all presented with a trophy/plaque I think. Good old days!

dutch1862

Originally posted by Yuccaman

Yep - Hackett's is day ticket. Last time I fished it (about 18 months back) it was 5 on the bank. You could always check with Tim at Matchman Supplies in West Bridgford for the latest info.

Hi all

Any idea if Tim knows much about Hackett's?

I don't get to go fishing very often, but am planning a day session there. Could really use some advice on bait and methods as never fished there before and don't want to blank as it might be the only chance I get this year!!

thebeard87

i fished hacketts last year and blanked, but there had been a match on that day and the weather conditions were poor. There were some lads down the other end of the lake (south end) who apparently had been getting carp to 15lb on floating mixers. i think its 5 quid to fish, the owner is friendly, and even gave me and my mate a lift to the bus stop in the back of his pick up!

Status
Not open for further replies.