Home farm pool@Napton

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Thing was there was two blokes there, who , not being funny, didn’t really catch much, so it was hard to gauge if I’d done well or s**t, I felt there were fish there that I wasn’t catching , and to be honest it’s a well stocked pool, but you have to be on fish this time of year 👍
Know what you mean pal. Hard to gauge when you’re pleasure fishing isn’t it ? 25 carp though is bloody good going Gazza. Nothing to be sniffed at there. Especially at this time of year. I think you are you’re own worst critic matey. You did well. 👍

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
You don't always 'catch' what you want Mick...;).....And I'm always happy with my lot.....There's always tomorrow......;):)
Many a time I come away frustrated though Mark. I can’t help but think .... If only I’d have done X or Y. You always want more .... don’t ya ?

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Many a time I come away frustrated though Mark. I can’t help but think .... If only I’d have done X or Y. You always want more .... don’t ya ?
Thing was I tried a lot of things cos I was pleasure fishing, but didn’t seem to work , I tried different baits on all lines, the only baits I caught on were live maggots, (with wild Berry enhancer) and dead reds (soaked in so simple FA2 and chocolate orange mixed together), tried a few different groundbaits but only the kriller X I used on my maggot line seemed to work 💁‍♂️So I didn’t really work a lot out 😂Mind you the TH Solidco hybrid worked brilliant, balanced the set up perfectly, landed fish quickly, and I only lost one fish (foulhooker)

Total

Site Supporter
Fishing is my hobby Mick, I don't get frustrated with it....I prepare the best I can and fish to my strengths, I'm well happy with my lot. As said on many occasion, 'enjoyment' is my driver.....(y)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Fishing is my hobby Mick, I don't get frustrated with it....I prepare the best I can and fish to my strengths, I'm well happy with my lot. As said on many occasion, 'enjoyment' is my driver.....(y)
Think I’ve still got too much match angler in me Mark. I can’t chill. I’m too competitive. Even if there’s only me on the pond I’d have a knock up with a sodding cormorant I would. 🙄🤣🤣

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I wasn’t frustrated or annoyed or anything, I enjoyed the day, it was great to get out, that was just an analysis of the session really , At the end of the day, it was brilliant to get out and get the laccie stretched, and how could I not be happy 70-80lb of fish on a freezing cold March day 💁‍♂️