Holmes Farm Lubbenham

silver fox

Hi all

Fishing a match at Holmes Farm tomorrow and wondered if anyone has any info on best pegs . baits and methods

Thanks in advance

Rob

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Any peg is capable of winning on the day though pegs 1 to 5/6 are shallow and not my favourite.

Standard commercial carp baits work and a small boily up in the water can be devastating. Most matches I have fished there were float only due to arguments about who has a cast to the small island. But the feeder can produce big weights of smaller fish. Margin fish tend to be bigger, some over ten. I have seen more poles lost here than anywhere else.

Don't get disheartened if you don't catch well to start. I have known the fish to switch on in the afternoon. Just keep feeding little and often. Fish can shy away from a stemmed float in the margin so use a short dibber.

silver fox

Any peg is capable of winning on the day though pegs 1 to 5/6 are shallow and not my favourite.

Standard commercial carp baits work and a small boily up in the water can be devastating. Most matches I have fished there were float only due to arguments about who has a cast to the small island. But the feeder can produce big weights of smaller fish. Margin fish tend to be bigger, some over ten. I have seen more poles lost here than anywhere else.

Don't get disheartened if you don't catch well to start. I have known the fish to switch on in the afternoon. Just keep feeding little and often. Fish can shy away from a stemmed float in the margin so use a short dibber.
Thanks Neil