Holly Farm - Trots

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott essery

'Silver man'
Ok Malc

No one else is spilling the beans on the venue so whats working and whats the rules?

Weve gotta go out with a bang icon_smile_wink.gif

Polepot

Poles
Malc,

This series was defined as a bagging series. I have referred to my Chambers Dictionary and Bagging is defined as"to cram full, or a silken pouch containing black hair" whoes scalp will we need if the craming full does not occur. LOL

Spill the beans how's the venue fished

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

steve wilson

scott the only rule is that you have to use holly farms pellets
they are 3 a bag and come in 2 sizes 2mm and 4mm
thats just a guess mind you , i havent realy been there
honest

scott essery

'Silver man'
Steve

Im trying to persuaid Malc to get it changed to Gills...... I know how much you like those tiddlers icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_big.gif

Im amazed you havent suggested i take a pt of squats and some 26's ... as you HONESTLY havent fished it before
icon_smile_evil.gif

Nick

I agree 100% and am interested in the deffinition of bag up. I see Malcs sporting long curly locks at the moment so will not mind donating some in order to prevent the law sute under the trades description act icon_smile.gif

People either know something and arent telling or they know bugger all and just hoping for the best.... i think its the latter

MALC

Nick,Scott and everybody else,

Right sorry about the delay in posting this.

A report on The Rugby Disabled Lads match on Tuesday 3rd September on Trotters Lake can be found on the following link http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/1999

It fished HARD but did improve towards the end.

Now to answer your questions.
quote: People either know something and arent telling or they know bugger all and just hoping for the best.... i think its the latter
Bit of both realy Scott....I now know a little but i wish i did not and i'm hoping for the best LOL

Can't be specific regards the pegs we will be on on Saturday as Dell was unsure which pegs we will have but he's going to see if we can peg 1 and miss one so we all have empty pegs next door.

The picture below was taken from peg 7 looking down the near bank (car park) to the pegs in the low 30's.

The next picture was taken from peg 11 looking to the end of the island and along the back bank which is the pegs in the 20's.

Depth's range from about 2ft in most margins going down to around 6ft at 13mtr and then shallowing up to around 2ft around the island.

If it's windy then the water can suffer from a heavy undertow as it is quite open.

Maximum distance to the island is around 20 mtr closest is about 15mtr but most are somewhere between.

As for the RULES they have all changed and the following are the only one's now in place:

Barbless Hooks Only
2 Nets, 1 for Carp all other fish in 2nd Net
ONLY FEED PELLETS BOUGHT ON SITE TO BE FED.

ALL OTHER BAITS AND TACTICS CAN BE USED

The feed pellets are made by Cats & Dogs and are of a simular type to the NetBuster Range.
They are GLM flavoured and come in 2mm and 4mm sizes and are soft and hookable and at only 3 per 2kilo bag they are over a 1 cheaper than in tackle shops.
They can also be moulded into a good paste.

Think thats about it if not just ask and i'll try and answer any other questions.

quote:This series was defined as a bagging series. I have referred to my Chambers Dictionary and Bagging is defined as"to cram full, or a silken pouch containing black hair" whoes scalp will we need if the craming full does not occur. LOL

Well if we put all the fish caught in a SMALL Landing Net then it would be FULL

Nick

Forgot to mention before but Holly Farm have hard standing for Caravans as well as a grass area for tents if your interested their phone number is 01455 202391

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Edited by - MALC on 04 September 2002 12:36:31 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.