Holly Farm 3rd March

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

This report carries on from where Martin left off regards our trip to Gil's Lake at Holly Farm on Monday 3rd March.

Martin's report can be found on "Part 9 Where You Fished Today"

Monday saw Dai and Daniel from Wales, Martin from the East, Eric (Ejayer) and his dad Derek from nr Brum and of coarse myself and "RED" (the locals) [:D]

Eric and Derek got off to a fighting start with a fish a chuck from the word go and continued to catch for most of the day. [:D]

The line up, nearest myself (well my gear at least), Martin, Dai, Daniel, Eric and Derek

Datafile3.jpg

Everybody suffered the effects of the "Jinx" by loosing fish as i wondered around for a chat.

Martin after suffering the effects of the "Jinx" and loosing a fish.[;)]

Datafile3.jpg

A rare occasion Eric and Derek both managing to catch a fish each whilst i was watching.[;)]

Eric in action
Datafile3.jpg

Derek in action
Datafile3.jpg

And an even rarer event Martin actually landing one with me watching [:D][;)]

Datafile3.jpg

As Dai and Daniel had traveld so far i tryed not to "Jinx" them to much and allow them to catch by not going to close with the camera.

Daniel with a decent Perch he caught

Datafile3.jpg

Eric and Derek continued to catch all day whilst the rest of us struggled on just trying to get bites and throwing the usual banter between ourselfs in usual MaggotDrowing style.[;)]

Eric ended the day with a mixed net of Mirror's, Common's, Ghoshtie's, Crucian's, Fantail's and Roach for a total weight of 21lb sadly no pictures of his catch as he put them back before i got my camera out my pocket.

Derek ended with 14lb 10oz made up of the same species plus a nice Golden Tench.

Datafile3.jpg

Dai ended the day with a couple of pounds of assorted Carp as pictured

Datafile3.jpg

Martin ended with 8lb of different species and loads of points for the fishing race.

I suffered the same as Both Dai and Daniel and managed a couple of pounds which included the strange looking silver Shubunkin pictured below.[:)]
Datafile3.jpg

To sum up the day all i can say is that as always when maggotDrowners meet up for a spot of fishing it matters not what is caught but the craic that goes with the meets.[:D][:D]

In my view another good day in good company.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Last edited:

PoleRoller2003

'Pole Breaker'
nice pics guys look like you had a cracking day. i was nearly there will you but sry my i wasnt my wife has been ill

poleroller2003
chris the name fish the game

PoleRoller2003

'Pole Breaker'
what baits were you using? please give us the tips thanks pm me if you dont want any1 else to know lol

poleroller2003

martin.

Account Locked
some nice pictures malc
once again a BIG BIG THANKS for an enoyable true MD style day
i dont think the fish in that area have ever seen a worm i tried it for nearly 1/2 without even a bite, i did manage a couple on punch but caught the majority on maggot (flavoured with archies exotic spice)
another thing to mention the only time i had net fish was when malc walked down to derek & eric
but it was a brilliant day with brilliant company

tight lines.
martin.

talk fishing flip football

EJAYAR

Hi everyone, dad (Derek) and myself just like to say that we had a really enjoyable day out, managed a chat with everyone (I think[?]) but we were both too busy catching fish[:D][:D][:D].

Dad started off like a train and had 6 fish in his net before I had set up my second rig so he really enjoyed himself[;)][;)]

For the other MD'ers there I would just like to point out that the further we were away from the JINX the better the fishing seemed to be and we did try to keep Malc talking down our end of the pool to prove a point and sure enough Martin managed to fight the JINX while he was down with us and find a few more fish[:)].

Both looking forward to the next one, hope everyone had a good journey home as well, C'yall next time[:D][:D][:D]

BTW missed this post yesterday or I would have replied then, looked on the going fishing threads[:I]

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
A very big thank you to all that were there from Daniel and myself for a brill day out at a lovely fishery with the best company, we can't wait for the next time

Dai Fish
Be nice to your kids because its them that pick your nursing home!

PoleRoller2003

'Pole Breaker'
glad to see you all enjoyed yourselfs. im upset now but there again i didnt get jinx lol

poleroller2003

Dooby

' 007 '
Glad you all had a nice time [:)] some nice fish being caught[:)] Good pics Malc

Cheers

Dooby

Dooby

' 007 '
Malc,
Just noticed no pics of RED on the post lol, where was he lol
[:D]

Cheers

Dooby

EJAYAR

Must agree with you Dai about a great fishery, we've never been there before and thought the lakes were great. If the new cafe comes along soon I bet there will be even more visitors. Daniel had a nice Perch as well to add to his list.

Status
Not open for further replies.