hollow elastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJROSCOW

Clint
Well guys after finally giving in and listening to you guys rave about hollow elastics and give them a go, to say I was impressed was an understatement-It's brilliant! I fish a small local pond that is rammed with crucians but also the odd tench and carp between 2 and 5lb (usually hook into 1 an hour. the problem is the lakes on ly about 20m x 20m n very weedy. I used to fish on a solid no 10 but if i hit into the carp they would take the pi** n if I tightened up/went heavier, I'd bump the cruies. Enter shakespeare 12-16 hollow. On striking into cruies (around 6oz to 1lb 3oz) a nice soft flow of a foot or so of elastic came out n they were safely guided into the net. on hooking a carp n tench around 2- 3ft of elastic shot out n then the fish would be pulled away from the reeds and then surge for 2-3 meters in to the centre of the lake. The result 35lb of cruies, tench n one carp from a pond that most people would think only contained sticklebacks - to say I'm chuffed is an understatement n I only use half a tin of corn and a 3rd of a bag of expanders. Thanks holloe elastic, can't wait to target proper carp on my club lake with it-I've just bought a 20 hollow to give em sum stick!

Status
Not open for further replies.