Hollow Elastic choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick_gilbert

NG Floats, Elastic
Site Supporter
Just to clear a few things up, my elastic is produced by the same company that make many of the top brands, it is EXACTLY THE SAME! it will never be the same as Hydro because of the liquid filling, equivalent grades will be a bit softer.

There are many reasons why elastic can break, many are quick to blame the elastic but the fact is if you are using a pulla the bit you are exposing constantly can get damaged and will break. Nowadays everybody is using thinner elastics with pullas and it is not lasting as long so I would say 6 month to a years use is quite good if you fish every week.

Due to the way it is manufactured you do get a variation in diameter per batch, there is noting you can do about this it is just the way is made.

If you look at my elastics now I have hopefully eliminated the flattening out in the thinner grades by changing the inside and outside diameters slightly in the white and pink.

Kirtons

Site Supporter
Nick just to add to your post, how many factories produce elastic?

daniel121

Account Closed
Thanks lads for the info on NG laccys sounds like twin core would suit me.

Bad h

What do you feel you get from dura hollo you don't get from the original?

nick_gilbert

NG Floats, Elastic
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Kirtons

Nick just to add to your post, how many factories produce elastic?

I have no idea. When I did my research I found quite a few selling it but not producing it.

BAD H

Pelletmeister
Daniel i find the Durahollow softer initially but powers up a tad quicker, can't speak for its longevity as i've not had it in long enough yet but hoping it lives up to its name. The original Preston 13h is my favourite but it doesn't last long.

Status
Not open for further replies.