Holland

explosive

Site Supporter
Does anyone have knowledge of the situation in Holland, re fishing and accommodation at this present time

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter

spudnudd

A lot of the regular anglers have not booked to go and the ones that have are mainly cancelling their trip due to quarantine rule on return to UK.You are still allowed to go over there and as far as i know Ang. World are still taking bookings.

kernowbob

I lived there for many years and just returned to the UK three weeks ago. I was fishing as normal just five weeks ago there. Their lockdown was not as strict as the UK and fishing continued pretty throughout the year.

I don't know about travelling and booking accomodation, apparantly the cases are rising there again so keep an eye out. The Dutch government has started once a week press conferences again with regards to the rising cases.

Don't forget to buy the vispas as they will and do check frequently, even normal police will stop and ask.

zeus

I was due to go early September. As far as i know all accommodation is open and the tackle shops are.
However when i emailed p&o about the ferry sailing i received this reply. That was as of this morning.

At the moment, this sailing is scheduled to operate, as in line with government guidelines regarding essential transport services. At the current moment, there is a 2 week quarantine on arrival into the Netherlands from the UK, and vice versa on the return. This however could change as government guidelines change to accommodate the situation.

kernowbob

I was due to go early September. As far as i know all accommodation is open and the tackle shops are.
However when i emailed p&o about the ferry sailing i received this reply. That was as of this morning.

At the moment, this sailing is scheduled to operate, as in line with government guidelines regarding essential transport services. At the current moment, there is a 2 week quarantine on arrival into the Netherlands from the UK, and vice versa on the return. This however could change as government guidelines change to accommodate the situation.

You can go to the Netherlands without needing to quarantine at the moment. My girlfriend just returned to NL from the UK yesterday and did not need to quarantine. You may need to show proof you have somewhere booked however.

------------------
If you travel to the Netherlands from the UK, you do not need to self-isolate upon arrival in the Netherlands. The exception to this is travellers from Leicester, who are strongly advised to self-isolate for 14 days on arrival.
-----------------