holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

n00b

bream slime
me and my friends have decided to give eire a break next year and head to holland..can any of you lads point us in the right direction as where to go and is there packages available?..just some feedback would be appreciated

thanks
lee

The Big Fella

hi

Like in Ireland you could go anywhere in Holland.....

Anglers World would sort you a deal out being as though there are only 2 of you and a high proportion of the fare is in the ferry which goes from either Hull or Harwich. The ferry companies are P&O from Hull or Stena from Harwich I think.

Alternatively you can book it direct yourself like many people do including ourselves.

They are overnight ferry trip and you need a cabin as its about 10 hours trip.

If you choose via Harwich you can also use Tesco vouchers and for every 1 used it counts as 4 pounds!!! So depending when you go it can make a right saving.

Area to head for in Holland:

Hellevoetsluis is probably the most popular area!
Only 30-40 minutes to this area from the ferry, and you have many many places to fish from either off the Voorne canal network where 100lb bags are quite common or the main Harlingviet or other lake systems like the Bernisse.

Bream is the main species and generally they are less than 3lb in size, with ide, perch, and roach also apart from bream they dont seem in great numbers.

http://www.cittaromana.com/en/

The above is not the cheapest of accomodation at all, but the self catering apartments are extremely good, food is great, and it has its own swimming pool. It nearly always has anglers around the complex but the major downside is the bar shuts at about 10.50pm every night regardless of how busy it is....

Cape Helios also seems to be getting a tad more popular and this is closer to a town being only a 5 minute walk etc?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=cape+Hellevoetsluis&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=cape&hnear=Hellevoetsluis,+The+Netherlands&cid=15580044731812558831

Also locally there is "Brielle" that has the Hotel Atlas right in the town centre, which is within walking distance to tackle shop but again nightlife is limited.

Many other anglers look to go further afield from the port and thats Dekoerberg which has just opened up again I believe for anglers.

Its a quieter area apparently with accomodation in a secluded site surrounded by many lakes, rivers, and canals.

The fish here looking at reports from Chris Watson plus others seems to be lot more varied with skimmers, roach, perch, and bream from 3-4lb upto 10lb plus....

You would be better off getting advice from these especially Chris who has been travelling that area a few times a year for a num ber of years.

Hope that helps[;)]

spudnudd

Like the Big Fella says if you ask Chris Watson he will put you in the picture.He as helped us out on the two occasions we have been over there the guys a top bloke.We are at De Koerberg in a month and will be seeing Chris as it will be the second week of his trip and i know for certain he will be filling us in with all the up to date info.With De Koerberg changing ownership its been a bit of a ball ache getting things sorted but it looks like its getting back on track at last and it should be no problem in the future.The fishing in this area can be brilliant if the conditions are right and you have the choice of lakes and rivers and the big bonus is you can bag up in office hours none of the night and crack of dawn rubbish,this is what i call a good angling holiday twice over there and just give me more

n00b

bream slime
thanks fella's..i can do some research now..just a couple of questions..is it expensive there and what do you do for bait..take yr own or is available?

lee

spudnudd

At De Koerberg you now have to take your own bait but large fridges are available to store it.The cost varies depending on what time of year you go as you will see on Anglers World website but unfortunately they only cover a few places to stay .Licences are also needed in Holland and cost about 40 euro and they are a must as we got checked twice last april.On the two occasions that we were over there we found with digs [self catering] and ferry it was no dearer than our past trips to ireland but thats based on 4 in a vehicle with trailer.As the Big Fella says there are different options book yourself or go through Anglers World but its bound to be more expensive if only two of you go

Status
Not open for further replies.