holland whos going 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenn

Account Locked
Results as you say tim are patchy but think you had more good days than bad ?
Regarding the cleaning ,tim a/w say its optional but when you got there they say its obligatory ? well we have to pay 65 euros deposit ? and tourist tax think they said it was 1.27 a day and bed linen is 8.50 euros ,wll thats what a/w say ,well if thats the case and we have to pay for cleaning wether we want to or not ,i'll tell you this they will sure have cleaning to do !
We always leave our places spotless when we leave but sod that for a game ,i wont do a thing and will live in ****e all week ,
not happy at all [:(!]

Steve M

Site Supporter
Hi Tim...thanks for the write up and the great pics. Its a shame that the Voorne (for whatever reason) was under par and that other venues were not that consistent. Having said that - a few fish were caught with some decent bags.

I think we will definitely be giving the Windy Miller area a try this year as the float fishing pics look brilliant. What distance were you fishing the waggler and what depth?

Cheers,

Steve

Steve M

Site Supporter
Hi Glenn....as you know we have booked direct with Cape Helius this year for 2 weeks and we have been charged:

1.28 euro a day per man for local taxes

12.30 euro per man for sheets/towels

65 euro deposit

22.50 euro reservation charge

10 euro a day waterfront location extra (our choice)

12.50 euro preference fee ?

We did manage to get the over 50's discount which saved us 150 euro !!

The cleaning option/fee we declined so I will be more than a bit peeved if they try & make us pay for any more extras. I will check upon arrival and if that is the case I think we could be living in sqalour for a couple of weeks.

Cheers

Steve

griff06

Site Supporter
When i phoned the cape ,they said you can clean the digs yourself ,or pay 69 euro,to have someone to clean them for you .we paid the 69 euro ,then cleaned them ourselves,like idiot's ,we will not be cleaning them to the standard we normally clean them to this year.

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Bloody good weather[:(!] you jammy git[:T].Weird how all the fish on caster again.Well done Tim.What time did u fish windy miller if u did the ton before 9.30am.

glenn

Account Locked
Originally posted by Steve M

Hi Glenn....as you know we have booked direct with Cape Helius this year for 2 weeks and we have been charged:

1.28 euro a day per man for local taxes

12.30 euro per man for sheets/towels

65 euro deposit

22.50 euro reservation charge

10 euro a day waterfront location extra (our choice)

12.50 euro preference fee ?

We did manage to get the over 50's discount which saved us 150 euro !!

The cleaning option/fee we declined so I will be more than a bit peeved if they try & make us pay for any more extras. I will check upon arrival and if that is the case I think we could be living in sqalour for a couple of weeks.

Cheers

Steve

Er whats a euro preference fee when its at home[?] we requested a waterfront but dont know if we have one yet,knowing my luck it will be waterfront ...................on a boat lol
When i spoke to griff this morning was just starting to load coolboxwith molasses ans wheat but could have sat with my nose hanging over it all day[:p][:p][:p] ,smelt divine but i suppose i might just be a bit strange lol[:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]

TimB

Griff: the pic is of the windy millers. We fished the Groines into the bay as it was too rough to chuck anything into the wind.
Steve M: for wag fished 4-5 rod lengths out, plumb up with swan shot and not a plummet as it will get stuck in the rocks on the bed. If you feeder fish beyond the end of the jetty it drops off to 30 foot plus and you need to winch the fish up over the ledge quick.
Neil: we get up very early and fishing by 6. I had 28 by 9 and then I think it was 8 or 9 when we wrapped at 4.30.
Glenn: I 'm ringing AW on Wed to have a moan and suggest that they should put this stuff in the brochure. When I rang Cape they mentioned the cleaning and I declined as we always leave digs cleaner than when we arrive. But they insisted it was obligatory when we arrived - had over barrel comes to mind.

glenn

Account Locked
Tim you like us then on the bank by 5.30 to 6.00 but this year no harry to bring our tea and coffee in bed lol so it looks like my job along with cooking breakfast,good job the sandwiches are done night before.
It says on cape's site that if you decline the cleaning then it has to be done to very good standard ok so we pay for cleaning that means we do nothing when we leave but i just get this sneaking feeling that if we dont do any cleaning they will then keep deposit too ?

TimB

Originally posted by glenn

Tim you like us then on the bank by 5.30 to 6.00 but this year no harry to bring our tea and coffee in bed lol so it looks like my job along with cooking breakfast,good job the sandwiches are done night before.
It says on cape's site that if you decline the cleaning then it has to be done to very good standard ok so we pay for cleaning that means we do nothing when we leave but i just get this sneaking feeling that if we dont do any cleaning they will then keep deposit too ?
There will be a folder in the kitchen we you arrive read the bit about leaving - its pretty clear they expect it to be clean when you leave, just another quick euro rip off. But we reckon we saved 10 euro per night on taxis.

dbh1705

Tim , great report mate,

by the way whats all that blue stuff (oh yeh that'll be the clear sky)
[:C]

bloody typical the weather was desperate whilst me and neil were there.

Glad you had a great time and plenty of fish on the whole.

[:T]

dave

TimB

And this is a beef and ale stew that started to ferment - our resident masterchef thought it would be OK. Even the gulls left it alone[:D][:D]

PIGEON114

nice one tim wasnt 2 bad overall sounds like you enjoyed strange how they turn off but thats fishing good report cheers

12f2004

Great report Tim. Looks like The sun God was shining on you that week!

A little worrying that the highlight of day one........Meeting Dave & Neil![;)]

Seems to me that Citta might be the better choice again next year with all the extras?

griff06

Site Supporter
Paul ,even with all the extras,awh say's that cape helius is still cheaper than citta, and so much more convieniant for the t restaurants ,bars ,and mario's,but i wish cape helius would work the extra's into the price like citta do.

Blade67

If anyone is looking for something a bit cheaper than Citta or Cape, try the link below.

It's about 40 mins drive, east of Europoort and south of Dordrecht.

Chalet's 2 to 4 persons around 400 euro's per week (works out at around 90 per person per week).

www.belvilla.co.uk/holiday-home/netherlands/dordrecht-4-persons-NL-3316-01

And it's a lot nearer the River Waal [:T]

glenn

Account Locked
dale and simon stopped at belvilla this year and although they had bars and everything was spot on they are going to move futher toward the Waal next year ,just for the fact of less driving.
Also might have some info when i get back about being able to fish the lakes along side of the Waal and the canals up there.Some of the lakes are really stuffed with big bream like the ones they had on the Waal but i think we might be able to get day tickets for around 3 euros or maybe a weeks permit from one of the clubs in the area ,will let you know when we get back,but of course it wont be in time for griff to know ? after all he goes in september and i'll relise info in ................................october lol

Status
Not open for further replies.