Holland 2022

SHAFT

After 4 cancelled holidays to Netherlands going to wait until last minute to book, hope we get there.

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
We are in the throws of booking, just waiting for final confirmation, going 2nd June Molengroet chalets.
Worms, maggot & brown crumb no problem we get over there, we think we will be able to take bags of frozen sweetcorn in, as not on the prohibited list.
Ground bait may be a problem, but will see what our local tackle dealer can come up with. Main problem may be getting pre baiting ingredients, we know there is a local animal feed store so will be giving it a visit. Where there's a will there's a way, we will muddle through.

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
We are in the throws of booking, just waiting for final confirmation, going 2nd June Molengroet chalets.
Worms, maggot & brown crumb no problem we get over there, we think we will be able to take bags of frozen sweetcorn in, as not on the prohibited list.
Ground bait may be a problem, but will see what our local tackle dealer can come up with. Main problem may be getting pre baiting ingredients, we know there is a local animal feed store so will be giving it a visit. Where there's a will there's a way, we will muddle through.
where do you get your bait paul and how much? hope you are keeping well

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
Hi Neil, Maggots & brown crumb we get from the local tackle shop, Treffers Tackle in Winkel. I think last time we paid 6 euro for a litre of maggots & 25 euros for a 20kg sack of brown crumb.
Worms we pre order from A D Kranenburg, Hooftweg 1602, 2157NB, Abbenes, they are just of the A4 near Leiden. Again last time we got them (2 years ago) we paid 15 euros a kilo but the price can change on the amount you order and how you want them packaged. We drop in and pick them up on our way to Molengroet chalets.
I'm keeping well so far avoided the covid, saw Dave a couple of months ago apparently he now lives not far from me.

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Hi Neil, Maggots & brown crumb we get from the local tackle shop, Treffers Tackle in Winkel. I think last time we paid 6 euro for a litre of maggots & 25 euros for a 20kg sack of brown crumb.
Worms we pre order from A D Kranenburg, Hooftweg 1602, 2157NB, Abbenes, they are just of the A4 near Leiden. Again last time we got them (2 years ago) we paid 15 euros a kilo but the price can change on the amount you order and how you want them packaged. We drop in and pick them up on our way to Molengroet chalets.
I'm keeping well so far avoided the covid, saw Dave a couple of months ago apparently he now lives not far from me.
Thanks for that. Dave gets married on Saturday so up there for the ceremony.

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
I'm booked in for both May and September's Preston Innovations Anglo- Dutch week long festivals in Holland. Can't wait- Although I migh popdown (Covid allowing), for a couple of days practice beforehand. :)

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
I'm now going two days before the Festival starts, for a bit of practice, now where's my five gram feeders? Happy days!

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Well just a month to go and all bait ordered from Decatfish and with the Euro rate similar what we pay in England . Looking forward to a catch up with Mario and Mirabel.
Hopefully PO ferry from Hull will be back on, totally disgusted how they treated their staff but we dont have much option.
Staying at Weergors for the first time as Citta Romana for 2 people is a no go anymore.

emmaemma

Site Supporter
Have a good trip Neil and let us know how you get on.
We are going up north in the middle of June which has been on hold for 2 years.

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Have a good trip Neil and let us know how you get on.
We are going up north in the middle of June which has been on hold for 2 years.
Thanks and will keep you updated , me and Dave will certainly put the effort in.

emmaemma

Site Supporter
Neil, I know you always put the effort in which is the opposite of what we do. We never get up early (too much beer) and we maybe have the odd prebait. We have been to different areas of Holland for a change of scenery and on the last 2 trips we have stayed at Eoroparcs Buitenhuizen, near Haarlem and we have had some decent catches from the rivers and lakes around the area. On this trip, we are staying at Home | Camping heetveld and will fish the surrounding areas where we have gleaned a fair bit of info for the fishing. I will let you know how we get on.... (y)

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Neil, I know you always put the effort in which is the opposite of what we do. We never get up early (too much beer) and we maybe have the odd prebait. We have been to different areas of Holland for a change of scenery and on the last 2 trips we have stayed at Eoroparcs Buitenhuizen, near Haarlem and we have had some decent catches from the rivers and lakes around the area. On this trip, we are staying at Home | Camping heetveld and will fish the surrounding areas where we have gleaned a fair bit of info for the fishing. I will let you know how we get on.... (y)

Good luck i will have a look at those sites

Denfishing

Try the east side of belterwijde 40-60 meters on good days upto 50lb of bream

And try the ijssel but make sure bring heavy rods, feeders with legs upto 120grams i use there

emmaemma

Site Supporter
I see the match results from there and it's on the list. The only negative would be the traffic noise... (y)

Denfishing

I see the match results from there and it's on the list. The only negative would be the traffic noise... (y)
Yeah thats a bit of the downside, you could also try beukerskanaal a bit further up its alright on the pole and feeder but many boats