HOLLAND 2011 ...... WHO'S GOING ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Big Fella

hi BME

Damn sorry that sounds a hard week by all accounts not what we were wanting to hear at all as we go in just 9 days....[:(]

Its coming to something if the best venue of the week was the Moat - not good![:(]

However if the Voorne aint fishing this year there will be no sitting it out and hoping it will come good like the last time we were there![;)]

Looking to formulate a plan and I can see a few differing venues being tried this year:

Harlingviet before the sluice in 14 feet depth from bank - prebait heavily night before!
Bernisse opposite end of cafe point and lagoons [;)] NEW for US
Spui in calmish waters somewhere - however we wont be doing no 5am ferry![;)] NEW for US
Either Memorial Steps, Groines, or Stellendam Docks NEW for US
Voorne at least one day!
Drain opposite side of Voorne (not pumphouse side)
Last resort the Moat if its blowing a gale and everywhere is rubbish[:(]

So 8 days fishing in total! with 5 of the above probably getting tried.....

Remaining 3 days to duplicate days which produced best results from above

Not long now!

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Craig
Shouldnt be anyone there hardly so u will be able to fish the spui going later.Def worth ago u will love it mate.If someone is there come back to the Bernisse.On the other side of the dam on the haringvleit they battered there earlier on.I will try and email u the pegs.Its fishing off the bank but i havent seen it.I know Steve had good catches off the memorial steps and its easier than the groines for taking the gear over.pm me your number and il give u a bell

David Hargreave

Ex Dodgyref
Neil, me and Wayne caught at the memorial steps other year. Like you say it is a bit easier with the gear than the groines.

nrayner

Fished the Memorial Steps last year, Four of us blanked with no bites whatsoever in 3ft of water. As the tide went down the sloping wet stone bank became lethal underfoot. We moved round the bay to Dog Island and had a decent bag of bream. One tip if you are fishing shallow areas of the Haringvliet is that there are large patches of "loose" weed. By "loose" I mean that you don't snag on it and don't pull it in unless the tide is moving strongly. If your feeder rig lands in this weed you will catch nothing so wear polarised sunglasses and look for a light brown sand patch to cast to, with your line clipped up.

dbh1705

neil, need to speak to them at work about April, dont know what im doing about egypt now cos sue has said she only wants to see the pyramids, and not interested in anything else (kinda defeats the object of going to egypt but nevamind) so we might go later, as soon as i know you will know, give us a ring after your back from Holland

12f2004

Originally posted by dbh1705

neil, need to speak to them at work about April, dont know what im doing about egypt now cos sue has said she only wants to see the pyramids, and not interested in anything else (kinda defeats the object of going to egypt but nevamind) so we might go later, as soon as i know you will know, give us a ring after your back from Holland

It's fair to say Dave, you have more holidays than Judith Chalmers!

LMAO!

dbh1705

i know i do , apparently the queen is even thinking of writing a complaint LOL....

i dont do too bad paul, but i do work very hard :) ......... NO REALLY I DO !!!!!

12f2004

I'll believe you mate! [;)]

You got any gear for sale....We where in France for the past two weeks and the old platform came in well handy!

squatt

Four of us are leaving for Citta on the 9th Sept. not long to go now. Rigs and hooklengths still to make, bait all ordered. Mate has just come back and it looks like the Voorne is still not fishing, which is a shame as we love the place. Where are the memorial steps & the groines? Is the Oude Mass worth a go, could anyone point me roughly to some swims. Sorry for all the questions.

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by dbh1705

i know i do , apparently the queen is even thinking of writing a complaint LOL....

i dont do too bad paul, but i do work very hard :) ......... NO REALLY I DO !!!!!

That's strange Dave every time I go past the place your either sun bathing in the yard, or stood at the door cup of tea in hand. Ill give you a [:W] next time I'm passing.[:D][:D][:D]

dbh1705

Just thought i'd bring this back to the top. most people have now been and booking will start very soon for next year

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
No bait just beer tokens.Cracking hol but fishing hard.did my tonne .Quick thank you to my non angling mate Clive .

Last edited:

12f2004

Originally posted by neil fallows

May 12th all being well,me and Dave[;)]

My wedding anniversary![;)] Did that week in 2009 10th to the 17th and it was ok!

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
That will be some new swimming trunks & a set of water wings then Dave lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.