Holidays

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
I'll miss the start of the river season but don't mind that much, will be at a lovely place and miss only the 'circus' of the first few days, just have to remember to take @Fugley-fisher's Dave Harrell rod I picked up for him down with me. Then when I come back I'll have the house to myself for a week and can go on some adventures on the river again, probably just the little weir near me to start with.
I'll be all over Arley by then, 😂😂👍👍

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'll be all over Arley by then, 😂😂👍👍
Hope it fishes well for you mate. I remember last year hearing stories about people having walked the length of the middle Severn and speaking to every angler hardly a Barbel caught. Hopefully better this year and I'll be down there myself before long.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Hope it fishes well for you mate. I remember last year hearing stories about people having walked the length of the middle Severn and speaking to every angler hardly a Barbel caught. Hopefully better this year and I'll be down there myself before long.
Judging by the amount of roach I saw rolling, I'll be stick fishing, 👍👍

Tristar

Site Supporter
Got room in your holdall for one? :D
Of course, more than welcome :D . I can't believe we are child free this weekend, first time in two years, where are we going, Tenerife? Amsterdam? Cotswolds? Majorca? New York maybe a jolly over to LA? Nope.................Sheffield! She want's to go to Meadowhall shopping as she has always wanted to go there, but as I've been playing with my pole a lot lately I have to compromise. I'm hoping to overshoot the motorway exit and have a look at those caravans at Lindholme. But being the romantic I am I have a few Hotel points that need using so we are staying in Barnsley on the way back, so looking forward to it, one good thing the Carvery is already booked Saturday evening. Then Sunday we have to go to Skipton. Please please and MD'ers in those areas, I will need saving, I'll be instantly recognisable, I'm the one with the covid belly, itching to go fishing, sat at the bar crying into my pint.

How's Barnsley and Sheffield this time of the year? :p

We could have booked Lindholme but "not this weekend babe" was the answer :cry::cry:

Simon R

Site Supporter
Heading for the Las Vegas of the east coast (again) back end of the month

1623117671152.png

Different site though - got a private rental caravan on South View - a 30 second walk to the lake so the owner informs me

Simon

Tristar

Site Supporter
Heading for the Las Vegas of the east coast (again) back end of the month

1623117671152.png

Different site though - got a private rental caravan on South View - a 30 second walk to the lake so the owner informs me

Simon
Pretty please, may we swap? :p

Last edited:

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I like the look of the static caravans with hot tubs and a fishing lake in front of the caravan on Lindholme lakes. Hopefully we can get a couple of days booked this year. Partner and kids in hot tub, I'm fishing a few feet away with a cold beer oops I meant to say water. Sounds good to us.
Off there at the end of August in my tourer ,brother has booked a chalet with hot tub

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
Only really proper fishing holiday is a week on the severn at the end of September into beginning of October.

Have got a couple nights camping on the Thames at Radcot in a couple weeks but given that’s only 30 miles from home and only 10-15 miles from my usual Thames spots I wouldn’t really call that a holiday as such. Got 4 days on a boat on the Thames from Windsor in august as well which is more of a lads holiday but will take some tackle for that as well.
Radcot is just up the road from me - not fished it yet but speaking to a couple who have told me that the Roach fishing in summer is 👌 A Roach a Chuck with plenty of 1lb+ caught throughout a session.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Radcot is just up the road from me - not fished it yet but speaking to a couple who have told me that the Roach fishing in summer is 👌 A Roach a Chuck with plenty of 1lb+ caught throughout a session.
Yes apparently can be very good for them, I'm just going a probably a couple weeks too early for hemp to work so getting through the bleak on any other bait to the roach (well anything else on the float tbh) will be a challenge to say the least 😬😅

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
I'm fishing in the Preston Innovations Dutch- Anglo Festival in September and a week later I'm back again with four mates for a weeks mini knock up, can'twait!

Blanks

Site Supporter
We're going to Cornwall staying in a caravan on a site that just happens to have 3 fishing lakes on it ;)

(Not Whiteacres)
I know it, nr St Ives, amalwhiddon just round the corner is also nice. Best of all bussow resevior 5mins away is good fishing. Need a day though from Penzance tackle shop.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Of course, more than welcome :D . I can't believe we are child free this weekend, first time in two years, where are we going, Tenerife? Amsterdam? Cotswolds? Majorca? New York maybe a jolly over to LA? Nope.................Sheffield! She want's to go to Meadowhall shopping as she has always wanted to go there, but as I've been playing with my pole a lot lately I have to compromise. I'm hoping to overshoot the motorway exit and have a look at those caravans at Lindholme. But being the romantic I am I have a few Hotel points that need using so we are staying in Barnsley on the way back, so looking forward to it, one good thing the Carvery is already booked Saturday evening. Then Sunday we have to go to Skipton. Please please and MD'ers in those areas, I will need saving, I'll be instantly recognisable, I'm the one with the covid belly, itching to go fishing, sat at the bar crying into my pint.

How's Barnsley and Sheffield this time of the year? :p

We could have booked Lindholme but "not this weekend babe" was the answer :cry::cry:
People who go to Barnsley tend to not come out alive or they have a vacant stare and never speak again for the rest of their lives.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My 1kg of Dendras arrived today. I've never ordered a kilo of them before and there seems to me a mountain of them there, loads of them. Last year I got through 1/2 a kilo buying a separate 1/4 kilo tub when I ran out of the one I took down with me. That was over 3 days and no chopping, just getting through a lot as using 2 full worms on the hook, tip did not stop going round, my kind of fishing. Though my dad's going to come for at least one day as well this year so taking no chances and the ones I don't use can go in the wormery.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
My 1kg of Dendras arrived today. I've never ordered a kilo of them before and there seems to me a mountain of them there, loads of them. Last year I got through 1/2 a kilo buying a separate 1/4 kilo tub when I ran out of the one I took down with me. That was over 3 days and no chopping, just getting through a lot as using 2 full worms on the hook, tip did not stop going round, my kind of fishing. Though my dad's going to come for at least one day as well this year so taking no chances and the ones I don't use can go in the wormery.
That’s just got me thinking about how many maggots, casters, hemp etc 4 of us are going to need for a week on the severn. Can’t even get my mind around it but a lot!

Last edited:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
That’s just got me thinking about how many maggots, casters, hemp etc 4 of us are going to need for a week on severn. Can’t even get my mind around it but a lot!
Some tackle shops near me would look at me like I'm slightly mad if I went in just to buy a gallon these days. :LOL: I'm only going to take 2 pints of red maggots with me just to tip off the worm on the hook as there was a lot of 12oz+ Roach in Chard that were smashing the worm on the drop, that was the reason for two worms, big target bait that seemed to provoke quick bites, if I was able to take more tackle and bait with me I'd probably have a go for the Roach too.