Holidays

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Anyone going on a holiday with fishing this year? If so, where are you going?

My parents are getting the caravan ready for a week (they're going for two weeks) starting 12th June in Dorset/Somerset where I'll be fishing Chard reservoir for Bream. We went last year and the fishing was incredible, I'm expecting it will be difficult to match last year this time round, especially as I have a new rod to use this time, will likely jinx it. I'm also hoping the reservoir levels are as low as they were last year which enabled us to easily fish from the rocky dam wall, but I'm told that it was unusually low last time. Can't wait really. Got 1kg of Medium Dendrabaenas on the way, already got 5kg of Hinders Pellet and Crustacean groundbait and an equal amount of Brown Crumb, which I'll never get through, but buying in bulk was cheaper so it's got to be used some time.

chris1967

Site Supporter
whiteacres saturday only taking a couple of rods as kids and grandkids coming also ,so may pleasure fish it a couple of times

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Going on holiday..yes. Fishing?, well, that's debatable (she says no, I say yes..so it's a 'maybe'). We going to Yarmouth but having a couple of days on the Broads (stop giggling, not THOSE type of broads).

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
We're going to Cornwall staying in a caravan on a site that just happens to have 3 fishing lakes on it ;)

(Not Whiteacres)

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Heading down to Devon to a self catering lodge in the grounds of a private school that has its own moat and dedicated fishing lake stocked solid with roach, rudd, tench, carp, orfe, ide & perch :love::love:

Thing is working out what I can leave behind to maximise tackle :ROFLMAO: obviously Jacob not an option:unsure:

At the moment it’s pole and pellet waggler with a stack of pellets, corn, expanders, paste and the like on the list - maggot, worm and caster are banned by order of SWMBO. Also sneaking in a little spinning rod setup for a bit of LRF at the coast on days out

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Never been, so looking forward to it now
It's got everything from Gudgeon to large 'cats' Make sure you have the gear to cope if targeting the Cats and Carp, they fight like Mike Tyson on steroids. The Tench can get quite big too.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Only really proper fishing holiday is a week on the severn at the end of September into beginning of October.

Have got a couple nights camping on the Thames at Radcot in a couple weeks but given that’s only 30 miles from home and only 10-15 miles from my usual Thames spots I wouldn’t really call that a holiday as such. Got 4 days on a boat on the Thames from Windsor in august as well which is more of a lads holiday but will take some tackle for that as well.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'll miss the start of the river season but don't mind that much, will be at a lovely place and miss only the 'circus' of the first few days, just have to remember to take @Fugley-fisher's Dave Harrell rod I picked up for him down with me. Then when I come back I'll have the house to myself for a week and can go on some adventures on the river again, probably just the little weir near me to start with.

nejohn

Site Supporter
Not got anything booked this year with fishing as part of the deal but no doubt will have to give Holgan farm a few visits when we go to Kathy's parents Caravan over the summer. Also got a cottage booked in the North East for the October half term which just happens to be about a mile away from the Whittle Dean complex so might have to take some kit with me and if I have some kit it will be a nice nostalgia trip to have a few hours on one of the free stretches of the River Wear in my Home city of Durham