holiday

Bobster

Hi everyone every year my friends and myself travel to Lindholm lakes from Glasgow. We love it a very well run fishery and great food in the cafe.
We fish the margin`s on loco at night for the big ones 2 guys could not go last year because of covid 19, I am the one who has the health issues and out of the 5 of us i am the only one who has not had it touch wood. On a normal weekend 2 of us travel 150 miles round trip to fish at Broom in Annan, my point is you guys are very lucky with the fisheries on your door steps we have been to other residential fisheries in Lancashire. If there are any fisheries aeround the 4-4and a half hours from Glasgow i would love to hear from you. Thanx in advance Big Bob

alanmac

Site Supporter
Hello Bob,
Surprised you have not heard of Angel of the North Lakes Gateshead. If you want 100.1b plus weights then Bowes is a great lake to fish, great silvers also, ide to 4.1bs and carp to 30.1b, Bowes can produce easily 400.1b of carp daily average 4/5.1b

Lookout is another lake on the complex which hold a fantastic variety of species.

As it is Gateshead there is loads of accommodation near by. Might be worth a two day overnight visit and not that far from Glasgow. I used to travel daily to the great loch Ken often on a weekend, memory tells me 224 mile round trip to catch them mega stripey’s

Bobster

Hello Bob,
Surprised you have not heard of Angel of the North Lakes Gateshead. If you want 100.1b plus weights then Bowes is a great lake to fish, great silvers also, ide to 4.1bs and carp to 30.1b, Bowes can produce easily 400.1b of carp daily average 4/5.1b

Lookout is another lake on the complex which hold a fantastic variety of species.

As it is Gateshead there is loads of accommodation near by. Might be worth a two day overnight visit and not that far from Glasgow. I used to travel daily to the great loch Ken often on a weekend, memory tells me 224 mile round trip to catch them mega stripey’s
i won a cpl of golf tourneys just down the road from it at george washington hotel and golf course
i have family who live close to it as well wallsend and gateshead

Bobster

Hello Bob,

we also prefer to stay onsite

Bobster

A friend of mine has fished it he posted his 2 days on you tube have a look his name is Ian Anderson

Reuben

Site Supporter
Account Locked
There’s Barmston Farm near Beverley. Accommodation on site with cottages & static caravans. It’s a natural fishery with one lake. Very good fishing but no commy style weights that I’m aware of. Also Froghall Fishery near Louth, great fishery with tackle shop on site. Has cabins on site & pub at the end of the driveway. Been to both & can recommend. I’m in Kirkcaldy & agree with you regarding the dearth of coarse fishing in Scotland! My nearest venues are either Orchill or the Forth near Stirling.

chris1967

Site Supporter
Couldn't see us being able to fly this year so i booked whitacres for june this year ,booked it last September we shall see what happens