Holiday prices

Dusty

Our gert starts a new job next month, ever since we got together she has been a teaching assistant which has meant we have been shackled by having to go away during the kids holidays. I was always aware that the holidays were a more expensive time to go away but I am absolutely gobsmacked at the price differences.

You are in a lot of cases paying almost double the amount to go away during the kids holidays.
We have just priced up going to Portugal later in the year, the whole holiday including flights and 7 nights in a private beachside villa is less than £450. I would guess for the same holiday in term time you would be lucky to get it for under £900.

Dusty

A rip off mate using kids as an excuse to make money.
A lass at work is booking 2 weeks all inclusive in the Dominican, 5 star resort etc. She can get the full package for £900pp. I looked at the prices a few weeks later in the holidays and it was over £1700pp for the same holiday.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
If ya know someone with a holiday home ya can rent ya can weasel Pre booked cheap flights and yer away .

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yeah it is a massive different. For example a couple weeks in the states in may or June can cost about the same as a week in Europe in July. Is just madness.

Dusty

If ya know someone with a holiday home ya can rent ya can weasel Pre booked cheap flights and yer away .

Have you used Airbnb? We used them down in Cornwall and it worked out hundreds of pounds cheaper than anything else. I know no end of people who have used them overseas as well and got brilliant apartments for little money.
Our lasses sister has some timeshares as well and often gets extra holidays on them, you can get a week away for £200. We’ve used them a few times and had really nice apartments in nice hotels for a fraction of the cost.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Our gert starts a new job next month, ever since we got together she has been a teaching assistant which has meant we have been shackled by having to go away during the kids holidays. I was always aware that the holidays were a more expensive time to go away but I am absolutely gobsmacked at the price differences.

You are in a lot of cases paying almost double the amount to go away during the kids holidays.
We have just priced up going to Portugal later in the year, the whole holiday including flights and 7 nights in a private beachside villa is less than £450. I would guess for the same holiday in term time you would be lucky to get it for under £900.
I havnt got that problem but was looking at price difference between term times and term time, no wonder parents are willing to pay a "fine" for taking kids out of school it works out cheaper.
Put the money you saved on not buying a new pole and really treat yourselves . :D

Dusty

I havnt got that problem but was looking at price difference between term times and term time, no wonder parents are willing to pay a "fine" for taking kids out of school it works out cheaper.
Put the money you saved on not buying a new pole and really treat yourselves . :D

If I added up all the money I’ve spent on fishing in the last 10 years I bet I could have bought my own holiday home ?

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Take her on a fishing holiday and try it out,
I have booked a place in Devon in June, got 5 lakes on the site, Just working out what tackle to take with me,

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
If I added up all the money I’ve spent on fishing in the last 10 years I bet I could have bought my own holiday home ?
I always said I would never spend stupid money on seat boxes, looking back over past 8 years, I could have bought a couple of PI carbon ones, then there are rods poles reels etc. Never mind holiday home, i could have bought a plane to take me there :ROFLMAO:

Dusty

Take her on a fishing holiday and try it out,
I have booked a place in Devon in June, got 5 lakes on the site, Just working out what tackle to take with me,

We’ve done a few already together. She normally just chills out with a book.
She’s had a go at fishing as well, the second time I took her she caught a 2lb crucian.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
New partner said she would chill out reading as I fish ( not told her to stock up on lots of books ), If I only get one day in that will be fine by me, I want us to spend our first holiday together relaxing and also doing other things apart from fishing, We never did that when we first went out with each other over 45 years ago,then went our separate ways.

Dusty

New partner said she would chill out reading as I fish ( not told her to stock up on lots of books ), If I only get one day in that will be fine by me, I want us to spend our first holiday together relaxing and also doing other things apart from fishing, We never did that when we first went out with each other over 45 years ago,then went our separate ways.

381E46D6-770D-4BEA-82F8-9C450B4DF003.jpeg
Not a bad PB for someone that doesn’t fish! ?

Dusty

0B1EB5C1-B489-492E-9261-9570999BDA82.jpeg
I’m not sure mate... she’s holding her arms out though she knows all the tricks of the trade ?

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
RIP off and shouldn’t be aloud. It’s not just holidays it happens with everything. To book a train and hotel on London m/thon weekend it’s double bubble.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
It's been going on for donkeys years, went on holiday with the kids 30+ years ago and it's always been dearer. It ain't going to change.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Simple economics - supply and demand. Demand is high, supply is finite so prices rise. No different with any commodity. If no one wanted it then price would drop.

Thomas Cook just went bust, so it is not a certainty that holiday companies will grow rich off the back of school holiday prices.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
RIP off and shouldn’t be aloud. It’s not just holidays it happens with everything. To book a train and hotel on London m/thon weekend it’s double bubble.
You could always jog there :ROFLMAO:
0B1EB5C1-B489-492E-9261-9570999BDA82.jpeg
I’m not sure mate... she’s holding her arms out though she knows all the tricks of the trade ?
Nah, still looks bigger than yours, and you are holding arms forward.