Holiday cottages/chalets help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince G

Hop Along
Hi all,

Right then, I'm relying on you lot........

I'm looking for a holiday venue for the week 24th - 31st October 2010. Preferably a cottage/holiday chalet but other things considered. It has to be fairly disabled friendly as mother in law is coming along and she suffers with rheumatoid arthritis and stairs are a problem.

Ideally it would sleep 7 people and be situated somewhere with enough to keep us occupied (ages range from 7 to 60+). Somehow I doubt fishing will be on the menu [:(] however if there's somewhere close by I might get out for a day or two if I'm really nice to the wife. We don't want to travel half way across the country so something 3-4 hrs max from Kent would be preferable and of course the cheaper the better.

Ok, that's it, any suggestions of somewhere suitable ??

Last edited:

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
http://www.pottersholidays.com/breaks.asp?type=0

Last edited:

bloomer

fishing monster
i cant find a link on the web at the moment but if this sounds good and you want i'll get one.

misery farm dorset sleeps 10 inc some ground floor rooms (so disabled friendly,

large cottage very comfortable very welcoming, the owners live next door and are very nice people, there are chickens wandering round that the kids love and 2 huge eagle owls in an aviary the kids can go visit.

we went last october with 10 of us and it was plenty big enough.

situated about 7 miles from weymouth (on a map its less than a mile from park dean at warmwell) theres fishing at warmwell but why bother the house has its own private lake couple of acres mainly carp that go from tiny to upper doubles, all visible from the front window of the cottage and a 30 second walk from the door.

me and father in law had a couple of days on the lake last october when we stayed there but to be fair we had poor weather and struggled but we caught a few to about 6lb.

I think we paid about 650 last october but not certain as the in laws treated us.

As i cant find a link i cant check availability either, let us know if you want more info.

whorlicks

hi ' can't think of the name but i think it's something like yorkside lodges. just outside york . tesco over the road plus bus stop so easy getting about (park n ride if i remember right )
several wooden lodges bungalow thingys very good spec plus fishing .

Vince G

Hop Along
Bloomer,

Misery farm sounds very interesting and having managed to find it on Google Earth it looks good too. If you can find any sort of contact details, or even better a link, it would be very useful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.