Holiday accommodation - when you know the missus is a keeper !!

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I pack up my gear in the caravan and head down to Dog Lane Fishery and Caravan Park in Warwickshire twice a year, usually have a week in June and 2 weeks at end of August. It's just a case of carefull planning for me. If my mrs wants to go anywhere fishing comes second, I just fit my fishing around days out i,e. if were going out at lunchtime I'll get up and fish early until about 11ish. If we've been out early I'll fish late efternoon and evening but not every day. Some days if we aren't doing much and just chilling around the caravan park i'll fish most for the day. Best of all our eldest son only lives 40 mins away and we either visit him and family or he/they come to visit us, he fishes too. There's no better feeling in the world than sitting on the bankside, on a summer night, side by side with your son casting a pellet waggler 20m and hooking carp after carp until it's too dark to see any longer, some nights untill 10-30 and maybe the odd can of lager or cider.

That‘s the plan for us - days out and then an evening session on the lake either side of dinner and roll little one into bed to recharge for another session before brekkie :giggle:

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Absolutely no idea why some people stay in relationships like that, it wouldn’t be for me.
In my experience they tend to be the sorts that from coming of age so to speak have gone from one relationship to the next straight away so have no idea what freedom is. Literally go straight from being under the rule of their mum to under the rule of a Mrs then another Mrs then another Mrs etc without ever getting to find themselves in between.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Enjoy.
Each to their own, fishing festivals are spent with the lads, holidays with no fishing spent with the Mrs and sometimes friends as well. I like to keep the two separate.

Did enough of that when I was young and just dating - this offers the best of both worlds in the limited holiday time I have available to me

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
I've also had the fishing holdays wit the lads. We would usually book Travelodge (cheapest usually) We always booked downstairs rooms and took all our big expensive items of fishing gear in our rooms with us so there was nowt of value left in the vans or cars. Had some bl00dy good luaghs but I prefer the family fishing holiday now.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
I've married a keeper, over 25 years of two week fishing holidays in devon then when we had to take none of the kids another 7 years of fishing by ourselves. She hates fishing as dad, uncles, brothers , cousins , husband ! and all 3 kids have fished. We moved from Essex to north Hampshire when l medically retired just to make it easier for me to fish when l want. NO she's all mine and ain't for sale at any price.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I've married a keeper, over 25 years of two week fishing holidays in devon then when we had to take none of the kids another 7 years of fishing by ourselves. She hates fishing as dad, uncles, brothers , cousins , husband ! and all 3 kids have fished. We moved from Essex to north Hampshire when l medically retired just to make it easier for me to fish when l want. NO she's all mine and ain't for sale at any price.

100% a keeper mate (y) (y)

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
That‘s the plan for us - days out and then an evening session on the lake either side of dinner and roll little one into bed to recharge for another session before brekkie :giggle:
My mrs likes to fish ,so it would be good for us both . Looks like a lovely location ,get up ,bit of breakfast ,both fishing , barby on the evening ,a bit of sight seeing ,a beer or 2 ,looks ideal 😀. I enjoy my match fishing alone but i also like the days when she has a little fishing ,the look on her face when she catches 😀. She hasnt been for a couple of years and i aim to put that right this year .

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Il give you 2 camels and 6 home made f1 rigs 😇

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Mines even better she doesn't come on fishing holidays.
Got to reply to this !
Do you have hot bacon butties delivered to your swim ? Do you have the Mrs go and collect maggots/ bait from the shop and bring'm to your swim. Refresh your flask as req'd. Bring your brolly to you in the rain . I do that's why she's a keeper. Oh and l love her greatly.❤💙💚💛🧡💜💖💝

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Got to reply to this !
Do you have hot bacon butties delivered to your swim ? Do you have the Mrs go and collect maggots/ bait from the shop and bring'm to your swim. Refresh your flask as req'd. Bring your brolly to you in the rain . I do that's why she's a keeper. Oh and l love her greatly.❤💙💚💛🧡💜💖💝

Food, drink, casters & pellets - yes

Maggots - still a step too far

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
We had a week at Wooda Lakes in September, Lodge with a hot tub and attached tackle shed with bait fridge,
Fantastic fishing, the weather was a bit ropey,
My partner was happy for me to go fishing when I wanted, I did a couple of nearly full days, and the rest was after tea.
She wanted to see what Tamar Lakes were like down the road , basically for me to fish and her to relax, got there and it poured down with rain.
We enjoyed Wooda Lakes ,so we booked again when we were leaving for a week this March, Hopefully lockdown may have eased by then.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
My lovely wife and her mum were discussing another family holiday let for this summer along the lines of last years awesome Norfolk trip where I got to teach our son to fish.

After much looking my lovely wife passsd me her tablet and said “Do you think this would be any good?” and the third pic was this;

690B6935-C0C7-4492-8AE7-46FF5CED21B4.jpeg

Well I gave it a bit of thought (maybe 2 seconds) before replying “well it looks ok I suppose”

A bit of further reading finds the private lake is stocked with roach, rudd & carp plus it is within easy travel of many Jurassic coast beaches, including Chesil, so we can indulge in a spot of LRF too :)

I love my wife :love::love::love:
Where is it ,?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Don’t think it’s terribly likely that we’ll be going abroad again this year so hoping to get a few fishing holidays in on home soil instead probably river, lake and sea.

Also some of my mates are keen on a boating holiday so if we do that I’ll certainly take a bit of tackle as well.