Holiday accommodation - when you know the missus is a keeper !!

OldTaff

Site Supporter
My lovely wife and her mum were discussing another family holiday let for this summer along the lines of last years awesome Norfolk trip where I got to teach our son to fish.

After much looking my lovely wife passsd me her tablet and said “Do you think this would be any good?” and the third pic was this;

690B6935-C0C7-4492-8AE7-46FF5CED21B4.jpeg

Well I gave it a bit of thought (maybe 2 seconds) before replying “well it looks ok I suppose”

A bit of further reading finds the private lake is stocked with roach, rudd & carp plus it is within easy travel of many Jurassic coast beaches, including Chesil, so we can indulge in a spot of LRF too :)

I love my wife :love::love::love:

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Sounds and looks perfect mate! Wouldn't mind a bit of that especially as I think it'll be another year for staycations 👍🏻

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
You lucky lucky bugger. My mrs wouldn't even think about a fishing holiday.
For my 50th she asked me what l wanted. I said l fancied a mon-fri stay at Docklow, fish a few matches and have a few drinks. What will me and the kids do was her reply😕 When l said l meant on my own, that was the end of it. She bought me a rod instead. 😐

OldTaff

Site Supporter
The trick will be working out how much kit I can sneak along without making it too obvious I want to spend A LOT of time on the water :unsure:

Pole, whip, 6’ spinning rod (LRF), landing net - sneaking the seatbox in will be the bugger ;)

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
My lovely wife and her mum were discussing another family holiday let for this summer along the lines of last years awesome Norfolk trip where I got to teach our son to fish.

After much looking my lovely wife passsd me her tablet and said “Do you think this would be any good?” and the third pic was this;

690B6935-C0C7-4492-8AE7-46FF5CED21B4.jpeg

Well I gave it a bit of thought (maybe 2 seconds) before replying “well it looks ok I suppose”

A bit of further reading finds the private lake is stocked with roach, rudd & carp plus it is within easy travel of many Jurassic coast beaches, including Chesil, so we can indulge in a spot of LRF too :)

I love my wife :love::love::love:
Wow looks ace 👌

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
The trick will be working out how much kit I can sneak along without making it too obvious I want to spend A LOT of time on the water :unsure:

Pole, whip, 6’ spinning rod (LRF), landing net - sneaking the seatbox in will be the bugger ;)
Where there's a will there's a way!

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter

Hire a bigger car 👍

melvyn

Head Blanker
You lucky lucky bugger. My mrs wouldn't even think about a fishing holiday.
For my 50th she asked me what l wanted. I said l fancied a mon-fri stay at Docklow, fish a few matches and have a few drinks. What will me and the kids do was her reply😕 When l said l meant on my own, that was the end of it. She bought me a rod instead. 😐
Me and the wife can't wait to get back to Docklow. Wife loves it

Philocalist

I got lucky in this way a couple of years back, with the approach of a significant birthday. Wasn't really looking forward to it TBH, and generally a bit grumpier than usual when 'she' announces that as a birthday gift, she has arranged a pro photo session for us as a family, and I AM taking her to the pub for lunch to discuss it, as she has a very specific location in mind.
I HATE having my picture taken, and as an ex pro photographer, I'm really unenthusiastic about the whole idea, so more than a bit narked on the way to the pub.
Made to sit down and behave, SHE heads for the bar, comes back with drinks and drops a large, thick envelope onto the table for me to root through, see her plans...........
I opened it to be left gobsmacked - she'd spent weeks, furtively researching, and ended up booking the family into a log cabin on the shores of Loch Awe, with the express instruction that I AM pike fishing, while she's off walking the area with the lads.
I'd never mentioned Loch Awe before other than to reference a trip there many years ago circa 1987 (always wanted to return, but anyone who knows the loch will also know, its not a casual enterprise, or an easy journey to get there)
Way up past Loch Lomond, we ended up at a spectacular location, where the tiny, twisting road meant the last 14 miles took 45 minutes on a good day :) ! - she'd even arranged boat hire, and managed to get exactly the type of thing I would have booked myself!
Brilliant rip - even managed to stumble across a Pine Marten, and a Golden Eagle literally at tree-top level as we walked!

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
I pack up my gear in the caravan and head down to Dog Lane Fishery and Caravan Park in Warwickshire twice a year, usually have a week in June and 2 weeks at end of August. It's just a case of carefull planning for me. If my mrs wants to go anywhere fishing comes second, I just fit my fishing around days out i,e. if were going out at lunchtime I'll get up and fish early until about 11ish. If we've been out early I'll fish late efternoon and evening but not every day. Some days if we aren't doing much and just chilling around the caravan park i'll fish most for the day. Best of all our eldest son only lives 40 mins away and we either visit him and family or he/they come to visit us, he fishes too. There's no better feeling in the world than sitting on the bankside, on a summer night, side by side with your son casting a pellet waggler 20m and hooking carp after carp until it's too dark to see any longer, some nights untill 10-30 and maybe the odd can of lager or cider.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Enjoy.
Each to their own, fishing festivals are spent with the lads, holidays with no fishing spent with the Mrs and sometimes friends as well. I like to keep the two separate.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
We run a volvo XC90 with a roof box - bigger would be a minibus :LOL:
You'll have loads of room then!

Enjoy.
Each to their own, fishing festivals are spent with the lads, holidays with no fishing spent with the Mrs and sometimes friends as well. I like to keep the two separate.
That's one of the few advantages of being single, all my holidays are either fishing with friends or family or beery adventures with friends. The idea of a traditional holiday doesn't appeal to me at all. Hopefully the next Mrs doesn't mind a bit of fishing and/or adventuring over relaxing holidays 😅

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
You'll have loads of room then!

That's one of the few advantages of being single, all my holidays are either fishing with friends or family or beery adventures with friends. The idea of a traditional holiday doesn't appeal to me at all. Hopefully the next Mrs doesn't mind a bit of fishing and/or adventuring over relaxing holidays 😅
I would say I have the advantage of both, can fish festivals and stay away with the lads, then go off to India with my Mrs for a nice break in the sun. I know some married blokes are under the thumb, but I do pretty much as I please.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I would say I have the advantage of both, can fish festivals and stay away with the lads, then go off to India with my Mrs for a nice break in the sun. I know some married blokes are under the thumb, but I do pretty much as I please.
Unfortunately I know a couple that are unmarried and under the thumb, poor sods are screwed when they get married 😅