Holdall or hardcase?

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
I ❤ spending £ mark. As if you didn't know... 🤣

You want the daiwa holdall and carryall to go with the net bag for your grandson?

I'm keeping the gb bowl 🤨

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
That's my usual luggage for a days fishing.

View attachment 201954

I don't take much more for a days still water fishing, still catch plenty fish 🙂👍.
I sometimes travel light on the little private pit I fish. Mostly its a barrow job though. I like to have everything.

My dad is ex forces so he has drummed it into me:
It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

And: three is two, two is one, one is non! 🤓

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
Need to put some stuff on here for grabs too. Need rid of some little bits

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Looks like you can get four bass guitars in the thing
Nicky, mate, that's where your going wrong. If you take the guitars out of your holdall and replace them with a pole and a couple of rods I guarantee your catch rate will improve😘😘😘

TiggerXFM

I sometimes travel light on the little private pit I fish. Mostly its a barrow job though. I like to have everything.

My dad is ex forces so he has drummed it into me:
It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

And: three is two, two is one, one is non! 🤓
I get that, and have done it in the past. I remember when we were kids we would have a basket with cantelever boxes and wooden tackle boxes full to the gunnels with gear, holdalls with every rod and bankstick we owned in them, plus a brolly. We would have a round trip walk of 4 miles to our usual "blue lagoon". How we did it I just don't know, crazy as we just took stuff we would not be using anyhow...we would only use one rod!!
I've kind'a gone the opposite way now, I sometimes go with all I need to fish....floats hooks etc in my pockets, bait pouch round my waist, small bucket of bait and net in my hand, rod in my other hand and i'm sorted.
Prolly catch more fish now than I ever did before.

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
I get that, and have done it in the past. I remember when we were kids we would have a basket with cantelever boxes and wooden tackle boxes full to the gunnels with gear, holdalls with every rod and bankstick we owned in them, plus a brolly. We would have a round trip walk of 4 miles to our usual "blue lagoon". How we did it I just don't know, crazy as we just took stuff we would not be using anyhow...we would only use one rod!!
I've kind'a gone the opposite way now, I sometimes go with all I need to fish....floats hooks etc in my pockets, bait pouch round my waist, small bucket of bait and net in my hand, rod in my other hand and i'm sorted.
Prolly catch more fish now than I ever did before.
I have bought an awesome wooden tackle box for nostalgic reasons. I was given a hand me down from an uncle when I started as a kid.

It must weigh about a ton but I'm still gonna use it! 😁

brokenpole

I was looking at the Preston supera holdall but then seen the 4 rod hardcase.

I like the idea of having the rods set up in the hardcase but I'm a bit dubious of damaging the rods as they are very thin and expensive. ( I'm used to carp and sea rods).

Would you go for the holdall with rod tubes and set the rods up each time or hardcase and have them set up ready?

Also.... if I go for the hardcase and have the rods set up how do I store the tip rod without snapping it?

Thanks.
I have just bought the 4 rod ready superior its ideal for me - I only use a feeder and waggler rods + a 11-7 pole margin pole it all fits in there with my landing net pole

TiggerXFM

I have bought an awesome wooden tackle box for nostalgic reasons. I was given a hand me down from an uncle when I started as a kid.

Don't blame you, some of those old wooden boxes were great. I'm talking float and terminal boxes though, I think a wooden seatbox would finnish me off 😶🤣.

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
Screenshot_20220215-112946_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220215-112914_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220215-112959_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220215-113008_Gallery.jpg
😍😋

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter

Don't fall in love with it , I may want it when I win out tackle box challenge match 😃